The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
This barbour waxed jacket in black ofc (or red ??)?

(Bad) Picture on her way ... you'll be able to tell me if the Small is good or if i have to look somewhere else ( :'( )

P.S And this Sudmer cardigan in black ?
bought the cheap monday weekend bag. for £45 i'm larfin
Reply 9302
Original post by jayne.corr
511s are not worth £80. More £40ish. So yeah, with your discount, it's still a tad expenno but an ok price

Thing is I've always found Levi's to fit true unlike most brands and I'm not fussy about jeans being raw.
Original post by Scipio
Thing is I've always found Levi's to fit true unlike most brands and I'm not fussy about jeans being raw.

yeah, i'm not too cool about ordering trousers online either
Reply 9304
I need of some help choosing a new coat as my last one is in tatters. I'm on a budget so it has to be a versatile colour.

I've looked at:

image1xxl.jpg

... and ...

image1xxl.jpg

But I really need something that'll match with light stone coloured chinos (I don't have the budget for more than one coat) and I'm not sure the first one would?

Although I do like that grey Urban Outfitters jacket from above! :biggrin:
Reply 9305
Original post by cider

Haha the one I posted :smile:

I can't tell what colour to get, I shouldn't be spending anymore money but I can't help it seeing as the discout codes take it from £89 to £40 :biggrin:

Also need someone who knows about the sizes at urban outfitters. The guy in the grey jacket is appparently 6'2 according to the website and wears a size SMALL. :eek: That can't be right!
Original post by Chrsi
Try ASOS Marketplace? No listing fees.

They still take 10% commission which is the big hitter. It's just not worth it.
Reply 9307
Original post by kuks
Seiko make some really good watches. And they aren't too expensive either. I really like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-SKX007K-Rubber-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000B5MI3Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335551925&sr=8-3

Not too formal so would have limited use but it is an automatic.

I wear exactly the same watch daily, and have owned it for probably just over a year. It's brilliant - fairly rugged and practical, yet smart enough.

I only have 1 criticism...mine keeps losing time! It's been back to Seiko once under warranty, but it seems to have started again. I think it's because I'm a farmer and it gets it's fair share of knocks!
Reply 9308
Original post by Buzzsaw
I wear exactly the same watch daily, and have owned it for probably just over a year. It's brilliant - fairly rugged and practical, yet smart enough.

I only have 1 criticism...mine keeps losing time! It's been back to Seiko once under warranty, but it seems to have started again. I think it's because I'm a farmer and it gets it's fair share of knocks!

Automatics generally do lose time quite often so that's probably why!
Reply 9309
Original post by Abcrew

I can't tell what colour to get, I shouldn't be spending anymore money but I can't help it seeing as the discout codes take it from £89 to £40 :biggrin:

Also need someone who knows about the sizes at urban outfitters. The guy in the grey jacket is appparently 6'2 according to the website and wears a size SMALL. :eek: That can't be right!

I'd get a medium! :biggrin: And I'm just 6' ... what is the discount code (or did I miss something). I really like that grey one. I think it'd go with a lot more things, plus at £40 it's a steal.
Original post by cider
I need of some help choosing a new coat as my last one is in tatters. I'm on a budget so it has to be a versatile colour.

I've looked at:

image1xxl.jpg

... and ...

image1xxl.jpg

But I really need something that'll match with light stone coloured chinos (I don't have the budget for more than one coat) and I'm not sure the first one would?

could get this in navy or something - http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/071366
Reply 9311
Original post by Abcrew

They come up really small so definitely size up, i had to get a medium which still isnt massive, and i normally take a small
Reply 9312
Original post by cider
I'd get a medium! :biggrin: And I'm just 6' ... what is the discount code (or did I miss something). I really like that grey one. I think it'd go with a lot more things, plus at £40 it's a steal.

Yeah the guy wearing the dark grey/black one is 6'1 but wears a medium. Whereas the guy wearing the light grey one is 6'2 but is wearing a small :confused:

I'm 6'2 so I will go for medium I think. There was 3 discount codes a few pages back which takes around 40% off the price :biggrin:
Reply 9313
Original post by oxygen49
They come up really small so definitely size up, i had to get a medium which still isnt massive, and i normally take a small

How tall are you? I'm 6'2 and tend to be a medium/large. Only problem with getting a large is they tend to lose the slim fitting look about them and look baggy
Reply 9314
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
They still take 10% commission which is the big hitter. It's just not worth it.

Where else would you propose to sell it then? I have some clothes that I don't wear anymore and I could do with the extra funds.
For those around 5'10 who are pretty slim, what size sweatshirts do you usually get?
Anyone know where i can get some slim-fitted chinos that are decent but not rediculously expensive? in colours stone/white and maybe light grey
Reply 9317
Original post by Abcrew
How tall are you? I'm 6'2 and tend to be a medium/large. Only problem with getting a large is they tend to lose the slim fitting look about them and look baggy

6" and pretty skinny, couldnt even get a small done up and i hardly have big shoulders
Reply 9318
Original post by Troll the Trolls
Anyone know where i can get some slim-fitted chinos that are decent but not rediculously expensive? in colours stone/white and maybe light grey

Best ones I've found that aren't very expensive are River Island :smile:
Reply 9319
Just ordered 3 pairs of black Cheaney shoes :facepalm2:

Latest