The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) FP1 - 16/06/2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Moonlight19
Medicine is... insanely competitive, yes. lol.
To be fair, I have to say I quite liked D2 :smile: it was pretty straightforward, and it IS sort of Maths related, if that makes sense, lol.
Also, the Decision modules are looked "down" by universities :/ So i don't see the point in schools picking Decision as opposed to other modules, and it's no great grade booster either. People generally score lower in Decision modules, or so I've read somewhere.

I think i did better in D2 than in D1, but still.. i didn't like it. Yeah it is looked down on, they place emphasis on mechanics and pure mathematics, which im good at(except mechanics :P ) so just pure basically! And that probably is true, D1 puts down my average :frown:

sorry for long reply went for a jog :biggrin:
Original post by Jampolo
I think i did better in D2 than in D1, but still.. i didn't like it. Yeah it is looked down on, they place emphasis on mechanics and pure mathematics, which im good at(except mechanics :P ) so just pure basically! And that probably is true, D1 puts down my average :frown:

sorry for long reply went for a jog :biggrin:

Haha, no worries, i've been binging on chocolates to be as not-so-worried about the exam as possible :P
And yeah, I'm better at pure maths, haven't done a mechanics module yet so i'm not sure how that'll go. Hated S1 too :/ it is pretty straightforward, but when you get the marks - BOOM! Got like 80 when i thought i'd get 99 or something :P
Reply 42
Haha, no worries, i've been binging on chocolates to be as not-so-worried about the exam as possible :P
And yeah, I'm better at pure maths, haven't done a mechanics module yet so i'm not sure how that'll go. Hated S1 too :/ it is pretty straightforward, but when you get the marks - BOOM! Got like 80 when i thought i'd get 99 or something :P

Hehe i need to tire myself out before i go to sleep at like 12pm again..
Mechanics SHOULD be straight forward, i just find it hard :frown:

Doing s2 and 1 in january, might self teach S3 :tongue: need to secure an A* in FM :frown:
Original post by Jampolo
Hehe i need to tire myself out before i go to sleep at like 12pm again..
Mechanics SHOULD be straight forward, i just find it hard :frown:

Doing s2 and 1 in january, might self teach S3 :tongue: need to secure an A* in FM :frown:

I'm doing S2 and M1 in Jan too :P I seem to be the only one wanting to do the complete A level FM in my school :frown: lol, everyone else wants to drop it after AS :/
What other subjects do you do?
Reply 44
I'm doing S2 and M1 in Jan too :P I seem to be the only one wanting to do the complete A level FM in my school :frown: lol, everyone else wants to drop it after AS :/
What other subjects do you do?

Ow, well we have two classes and it goes down to one in the second year, but we're quite a big college.
I do economics and physcs, dropping physics unless i do amazing in my results :tongue: simply because my economics UMS is a lot better and i prefer it. You?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jampolo
Ow, well we have two classes and it goes down to one in the second year, but we're quite a big college.
I do economics and physcs, dropping physics unless i do amazing in my results :tongue: simply because my economics UMS is a lot better and i prefer it. You?

I do the three sciences and RE; though i'm dropping Physics, and only doing an AS in RE, 6 is too much when it comes to A2 :P
Reply 46
I do the three sciences and RE; though i'm dropping Physics, and only doing an AS in RE, 6 is too much when it comes to A2 :P

mwhaha way too much! Im only doing three :wink: as much as i'd like to take physics on to A2, i'd rather just take three and do well. I just need to maximise UMS for university !! Im off to bed now! Good luck in the exam, maybe i'll be on here in the morning :tongue:

night x
Original post by Jampolo
mwhaha way too much! Im only doing three :wink: as much as i'd like to take physics on to A2, i'd rather just take three and do well. I just need to maximise UMS for university !! Im off to bed now! Good luck in the exam, maybe i'll be on here in the morning :tongue:

night x

Alright then, yeah you too, good luck with the exam :biggrin: night xx
Reply 48
Alright then, yeah you too, good luck with the exam :biggrin: night xx
i can near footpig remember most of my answers so i hope Mr M posts them on here :biggrin:
Original post by Jampolo
i can near footpig remember most of my answers so i hope Mr M posts them on here :biggrin:

I don't know, that depends on how well the exam goes for me :P If it goes bad, i won't be signing in here for the next half a year :P
Reply 50
Yes, hope to see the results afterwards. Good luck everyone!

Hope the induction question isn't too hard...
Original post by fereak
Yes, hope to see the results afterwards. Good luck everyone!

Hope the induction question isn't too hard...

I'm PRAYING it's one of those matrices ones :P But then, if it's easy, they sure will make something else hard :/
Reply 52
I hope on the induction ones the 'is divisible by/is a multiple of' question doesn't come up. I've done all the past papers, i just hope they don't add a mad mofo in the paper today - OCR be nice today!!!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 53
I don't know, that depends on how well the exam goes for me :P If it goes bad, i won't be signing in here for the next half a year :P

Aw you wont do that bad! On the topic of induction i like divisibility :biggrin:
Original post by Jampolo
Aw you wont do that bad! On the topic of induction i like divisibility :biggrin:

It's fairly nice :smile:

All you have to do is assume U(k) is divisible by the number.

Then, rearrange the rest of the equation and take the number out as a factor to demonstrate the bit left over is also divisible by the number :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Xero Xenith

Then, rearrange the rest of the equation and take the nues ber out as a factor to demonstrate the bit left over is also divisible by the number :smile:

A friend of mine does that but i use a different method as i dont assume its divisible by the factor, i show it so theres a bit of confusion there ! But thats off the point, i keep thinking this paper will spring a few surprises..
Reply 56
Original post by Xero Xenith

Then, rearrange the rest of the equation and take the nues ber out as a factor to demonstrate the bit left over is also divisible by the number :smile:

A friend of mine does that but i use a different method as i dont assume its divisible by the factor, i show it so theres a bit of confusion there ! But thats off the point, i keep thinking this paper will spring a few surprises..
Reply 57
How did it go everyone?
Reply 58
Original post by andrewj123
How did it go everyone?

I quite liked it :biggrin:
Reply 59
I hated it, especially question 10
Personally I am just proud that i got induction right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending