The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse maths 3H June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tree man
@ my mane is kaz, ( or any one)
I got 2 root 2, but will i get any marks for my working out?

thanks so much and good luck for you results!

Quite a lot of people have put 2 root 2, i'm guessing u got that through proportions. I'm not sure if i'm right that it s 2.25, you might be right. Even if u didn't get it right i think u'd get 2-3 meks for it. :smile:
Reply 81
yup 2.25 is right, although i didnt get it :frown:
Got 100% in this paper ...
Reply 83
when x = 1,y = -1. when x = 1.4, y = -0.2.
this is what i put.
for the simultaneous equation
(edited 12 years ago)
does anyone remember the question with the parallelogram inside the rectangle and you had to prove it was a quadratic? (2xsquared - 18x + 80 or something)
did anyone else use pythagoras? because my maths teacher said pythagoras is on like EVERY paper and that was the only time i used it, but lots of my friends didn't :s-smilie:
Reply 85
Original post by Peadophile 69
Got 100% in this paper ...

Vivek, you didn't even sit this paper LOOL.
Original post by MK9
Vivek, you didn't even sit this paper LOOL.

I did you incompetent person ... I feel i got 100% after looking at this paper ...
Reply 87
On number 18, where you are supposed to find the length of BD but first you have to find the length of BC. Would I get a mark if I used the sine rule to find the length of DC and then used trigonometry to find BD?

I see that on the unofficial mark scheme, trigonometry was used to find the length of BC.

There were 2 ways of going forward with this question right?
Reply 88
Original post by Flamezone
On number 18, where you are supposed to find the length of BD but first you have to find the length of BC. Would I get a mark if I used the sine rule to find the length of DC and then used trigonometry to find BD?

I see that on the unofficial mark scheme, trigonometry was used to find the length of BC.

I think that as long as you get the correct answer and your method is correct and leads to it, it'll be fine.
Reply 89
Original post by BananaPie
I think that as long as you get the correct answer and your method is correct and leads to it, it'll be fine.

Yeah, I got the same answer, thanks.
Reply 90
Original post by Flamezone

Do you know how I can find the unofficial mark scheme?

EDIT: Don't worry, found it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by forestfruits
does anyone remember the question with the parallelogram inside the rectangle and you had to prove it was a quadratic? (2xsquared - 18x + 80 or something)
did anyone else use pythagoras? because my maths teacher said pythagoras is on like EVERY paper and that was the only time i used it, but lots of my friends didn't :s-smilie:

Even I did with quadratic method....
I think it must be right beacause it depends upon us to choose any method to get the answer ......
ok because some people used the trigonometry area of the triangles minused from the area of the reectangle and they got an exact answer. i used pythagoras but i didnt get an exact answer - it was 2x squared - 17.89 or something - 80 so i just rounded up :s-smilie:
ok because some people used the trigonometry area of the triangles minused from the area of the reectangle and they got an exact answer. i used pythagoras but i didnt get an exact answer - it was 2x squared - 17.89 or something - 80 so i just rounded up :s-smilie:

same
do you think we would get any marks for it?
Reply 94
@ my name is kaz,

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
same
do you think we would get any marks for it?

yeah i would think so. we got the right answer after all, it never said it had to be exact! at most i think wed lose 1-2 beacause i think the question was only a few marks anyway :s-smilie:
Reply 96
:smile:hey forest fruits
how r u?
how did u find the paper?
alright - just that question really. how did u find it?
Reply 98
alright - just that question really. how did u find it?

yeah, not bad.
Everything was good untill the last question, on whih I hear I just screwed totaally. So I reckon I would get around 95%? But, in terms of harsh marking I think I would get around 89%, would that still be an A*?
Reply 99
Holy cow! You must be all so smart! I despise maths with a passion and though the last 4 questions were really hard!!! Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending