The Student Room Group

Holby City

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by elitepower
Slightly annoyed that Elliot wasn't at the meeting, if it was as important as Ric said, I would have expected some more senior staff to show up and not chantelle. Also, does anyone else know why Hansen stole Jac's lightbulb?

I think the meeting was like a general staff meeting and as it was very last minute, I assume other staff members were busy/caught up.

He was fiddling with his light bulb earlier [not a euphemism! :lol:] and it didn't work I think, so he decided to take Jac's. Funniest scene of the episode though :smile:
Original post by manupalace
I was more confused by the fact that there only appear to be 3 wards in the whole hospital. :lolwut:

Haha I agree with you but realistically the other wards cases would be a lot simplier so we see the "action" wards. Although saying that, Dan's role allows him to interact with different wards but I don't see the point of having a main character leg consultant. He wasn't even in the ampute case.
Original post by Amy7
I think the meeting was like a general staff meeting and as it was very last minute, I assume other staff members were busy/caught up.

He was fiddling with his light bulb earlier [not a euphemism! :lol:] and it didn't work I think, so he decided to take Jac's. Funniest scene of the episode though :smile:

Ah that makes a lot of sense. I also liked the scene where he could tell the medical students from their hoodies. I didn't pick up on that.
Reply 143
I was more confused by the fact that there only appear to be 3 wards in the whole hospital. :lolwut:

A&E
Darwin
Holby Care
CTU
Keller
Maternity

I think those are all the wards? :/ I think its because Holbys only a small hospital, not sure if there are meant to be more wards we don't hear about.
Reply 144
Original post by ruby321
A&E
Darwin
Holby Care
CTU
Keller
Maternity

I think those are all the wards? :/ I think its because Holbys only a small hospital, not sure if there are meant to be more wards we don't hear about.

There was a pediatric ward.
AAU
Original post by ruby321
A&E
Darwin
Holby Care
CTU
Keller
Maternity

CTU and Darwin are the same ward. I actually remember the days when the maternity ward was shown.
I had forgotten about the paediatric ward.

I guess I'm just used to huge London hospitals.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by Morgsie
There was a pediatric ward.
AAU

There's a pediatric ward? Haven't heard it mentioned! Oh how can I forget AAU. Also isn't there an Orthopedics ward?
Reply 147
Original post by ruby321
There's a pediatric ward? Haven't heard it mentioned! Oh how can I forget AAU. Also isn't there an Orthopedics ward?

Yes there was, named Otter Ward which was not shown from series 4.
Original post by elitepower
Haha I agree with you but realistically the other wards cases would be a lot simplier so we see the "action" wards. Although saying that, Dan's role allows him to interact with different wards but I don't see the point of having a main character leg consultant. He wasn't even in the ampute case.

:rofl:

I do get what you mean though. There should be an ortho ward somewhere, can't help thinking the character was just a tool for a gay storyline and for other people's (Chrissie etc) storylines.
Reply 149
CTU and Darwin are the same ward. I actually remember the days when the maternity ward was shown.
I had forgotten about the paediatric ward.

I guess I'm just used to huge London hospitals.

Oh right... It still is shown sometimes. Haha I know, though there must be a bigger hospital near Holby anyway. Well that's what I always thought?
I do remember the maternity ward properly now. Wasn't Chrissie married to an obstetrics consultant?
Reply 151
Original post by Morgsie
Yes there was, named Otter Ward which was not shown from series 4.

Didn't baby Freya come from paeds? Or was that St. James.

Also wasn't Elizabeth's mother taken to a mental health ward?
Original post by F Ellen
Didn't baby Freya come from paeds? Or was that St. James.

Also wasn't Elizabeth's mother taken to a mental health ward?

I though she came from another hospital. Not sure.
Reply 153
"Do you think he was stretched as a child?" :rofl:
Sacha giving Botox?
Reply 155
Sacha giving Botox?

Yeah, moonlighting for Chrissie's sake, he is so sweet.

This thread is not nearly active enough.

Hanssen totally owned tonight's episode. :colondollar:
Reply 156
I'm a Bitch not a snitch, Love Jac Naylor.

Yes Henrik owned the episode.

Good that Elliott got a SL.
Reply 157
Original post by F Ellen
Yeah, moonlighting for Chrissie's sake, he is so sweet.

This thread is not nearly active enough.

Hanssen totally owned tonight's episode. :colondollar:

How come he didn't want Dan Hamilton to have the clinical teaching lead position? Was it simply because he thought Malik was better? :confused:
Original post by ruby321
How come he didn't want Dan Hamilton to have the clinical teaching lead position? Was it simply because he thought Malik was better? :confused:

I think he thinks Malik is more like him to some extent. But I don't see why Ric wasn't considered for the job, he is a experienced consultant on the ward who used to be director of surgery. Surely he is the most obvious choice?
Reply 159
Hansen is Dr Sheldon Cooper in disguise :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest