The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Saturday Question: Favorite Cities II

This poll is closed

Which of these cities would you give a visit?

Vienna 10%
Berlin 40%
Hong Kong 0%
Buenos Aires 0%
Madrid 0%
Milan 0%
Lisbon 0%
Los Angeles 10%
Seoul 0%
Casablanca 0%
Other40%
Total votes: 10
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Madrid, Lisboa, Milano

Milan is my favourite but it is also the biggest pain in the arse to get around after sort of 10pm ish when the Metro starts to wind down. Of a day it is fantastically well-organised, but of a night - chaos and reliant on expensive taxis or only slightly cheaper Ubers, especially if staying outside of the city centre proper.

Anyway, I like Milan best even though i is sprawling and I usually dislike sprawling cities. I have a lot of friends there, so that's probably why.
Have you been to one of these cities?
Lisbon, Rome, Amsterdam

Which city was your best experience and why?
Amsterdam. Vibrant culture

Anything what do you dislike about big cities?
Too many people

Any cities you would like going to in the future?
Prague, Moscow, Jerusalem, Sydney, Cairo

Do you wish a certain poll for the next time?

1. Favourite cars
2. Food choices
3. Ideal jobs
Have you been to one of these cities?
Of those cities I've been to: Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan and Vienna.

Vienna where I encountered the delicious sachertorte.

Large crowds, very noisy, traffic is often slow.

Any cities you would like going to in the future?
Amritsar, Galle, Kerala, Las Vegas, Macau, Salt Lake City, Vancouver.

Do you wish a certain poll for the next time?
Favourite authors, favourite cocktails, favourite chocolates, favourite disney animated movies.
(edited 5 months ago)
I've not been to any of those cities, but I am quite fond of German cities (I've been to Munich, Bonn and Nuremburg). My favourite city would be Nuremburg. I don't like that big cities have a lot of people in them as I often find too loud and busy. I would like to go to Berlin off the list and Reykjavik in Iceland.
Tokyo, Melbourne, sao Paolo, Austin, new York. La / san fran, Montreal, Istanbul, Antalya, Mumbai, mombasa, doha, muscat, osaka, cape town, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jerusalem, Makkah are all places I'd love to visit in terms of cities.

Island wise Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, bali/java and zanzibar
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
(...)

Too many people

(...)

I feel this, but when it is too many for you? over one million people living in a city?

Original post by londonmyst
(...)

Vienna where I encountered the delicious sachertorte.

(...)

Awww, two things I planned for this year, but couldn't do thanks to the goddamn airline. It is said that sachertorte tastes very sweet. Is it true?

Original post by quasa
Tokyo, Melbourne, sao Paolo, Austin, new York. La / san fran, Montreal, Istanbul, Antalya, Mumbai, mombasa, doha, muscat, osaka, cape town, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jerusalem, Makkah are all places I'd love to visit in terms of cities.

Island wise Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, bali/java and zanzibar

Are these all cities you have already travelled or do you plan to going to?
Original post by Kallisto
It is said that sachertorte tastes very sweet. Is it true?

Yes- the original sachertorte recipe sold by Sacher at their cafe, hotel and shop branches is very sweet.
Even when served with unsweetened cream.

The revised "eduard sacher torte" cake recipe sold by Demel is much less sweet.
It contains one layer of jam instead of two and the chocolate icing is smoother.
Original post by Kallisto
I feel this, but when it is too many for you? over one million people living in a city?

Awww, two things I planned for this year, but couldn't do thanks to the goddamn airline. It is said that sachertorte tastes very sweet. Is it true?

Are these all cities you have already travelled or do you plan to going to?

Minus cape town, doha, muscat and makkah, all are the ones I wish to go to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending