The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth vs city uni london

Im going to study computer science this year but im torn between aber or city. Pls help
Original post by snazsey
Im going to study computer science this year but im torn between aber or city. Pls help

i can’t speak for london but my brother went aber and absolutely loved it, house parties all the time and it’s basically a student town run by students as the student population is way higher than the local population.

the uni was also really supportive and affordable accommodation-wise and found out wise. aber has been slowly climbing the ranks over the years!
Original post by snazsey

Hi there, it's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Aberystwyth University!
Do you have any specific questions at all? I'm happy to tell you anything you would like to know about Aber!

Anna :smile:
Reply 3
Career wise, city wins. Helps with placements.

Student life, uni experience wise, from what I've heard, Aber clears.
Original post by snazsey

City
Original post by snazsey

Hey,

I'm Iris, a third-year Politics student at City, University of London!

I'm glad your thinking of applying to City 🙂

Here are some reasons I applied and what I'm enjoying

Central London - CuOL is located in greater London. Due to this, everything is incredible close by. There is also 3 train stations within walking distance from us which allows for a range of transport at our fingertips. City is based in Islington and is near Angel which has food shops, clothing stores, bookshops, a cinema and much more.

The Careers Team - The department at City is truly incredible. They offer the MPP. This is the Micro-placement programme where the students apply for a range of internships that are only available due to Citys relationships with companies. For example, through the MPP, I spent my summer interning at the House of Commons, which was an opportunity that would not have been made available to me without City. The team offers help with CV, Interviews and so much more. Their help is available for up until 3 years after you graduate.

Professors - At City, we are truly taught by incredible professors. For example, I have studied with professors who spend their free time on the news, giving global outlets their opinions on their topic of expertise and whose career surrounded global work for companies such as UNHCR.

CitySport - City offers a student gym. The price is £60 for a year. The gym is located 5 minutes away from Campus and has incredible facilities.

Societies - City has over 250+ societies and a great Students Union team. If you are unable to find a society that works for you, the SU will provide a £50 start-up fund for you to begin a new society and start hosting events.

Student Ambassadors - You can earn while studying. You work on a variety of events with City, University of London. For example, Open Days, Applicant Days, Campus Tours etc. Some of our Student Ambassadors work on a platform called UniBuddy. Here, our students earn through responding to questions that prospective students may have. Our Student Ambassador course is tailored for students so they can work around their schedule 🙂

I hope this helps,
Please do let me know if you have any questions

Regards,
Iris - Politics Student at City, University of London
Original post by snazsey

cityll be better for career prospects but aber will defo have a better social life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending