The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Slade Park Accomidation at Oxford Brookes

I am going to Oxford Brookes in september, but i didn't get into any halls of residence (i wanted to go to Cheney) Instead i am applying to Slade park, i was just wondering if there are any other first years in the same position also going to Slade Park??? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aliceroberts
I am going to Oxford Brookes in september, but i didn't get into any halls of residence (i wanted to go to Cheney) Instead i am applying to Slade park, i was just wondering if there are any other first years in the same position also going to Slade Park??? :smile:

Hey I'm trying for slade pak as well, have you sent Oxford brookes a email?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
slade park isnt anything to do with brookes . do not email oxford brookes. instead apply directly to slade park.

http://www.crm-students.com/student-accommodation/uk/oxford/34/slade-park/
Original post by williamrshore
slade park isnt anything to do with brookes . do not email oxford brookes. instead apply directly to slade park.

http://www.crm-students.com/student-accommodation/uk/oxford/34/slade-park/

I got sent a letter and got told to email oxford brookes who would resend it to slade park email......so they can get a 1 week shorter lease.......i put a wrong phone number down and havent heard anything from them
Reply 4
Original post by killercow292
Hey I'm trying for slade pak as well, have you sent Oxford brookes a email?

Yes i sent them an email and they emailed back saying that my request had been sent to Slade park and they will deal with it from there :smile: have you??
Yes i sent them an email and they emailed back saying that my request had been sent to Slade park and they will deal with it from there :smile: have you??

Yes thats what i got! :smile: however, i havent heard anything......
How can you get a weeks shorter lease > please fill me in.
Hundreds of Brookes students are in slade park we dont get a shorter tenacy lease.

I think its due to moving week of freshers on the 17th. Since they are using slade park as the alternative accom for every1 they couldnt house themselves
How can you get a weeks shorter lease > please fill me in.
Hundreds of Brookes students are in slade park we dont get a shorter tenacy lease.

I think it's just 1 week shorter pr something....
Reply 8
Looks like I'm gonna be at Slade Park, still need to apply though. Haven't got the letter from Brookes yet but I rang them up today.
Reply 9
I'm the same, i didn't get into my halls, I don't think it would be beneficial to go on the waiting list. Do any of you guys know the distance between the campus and Slade Park Apartments in regards to time via the bus route?
Reply 10
I'm sure someones said it's a 20min walk, so I can't imagine the bus being very long. I'm gonna be cycling myself.
Reply 11
I'm gunna be in Slade Park too. The walk is around half an hour and the bus ride is like 5 to 10 mins, although i'm cycling cuz we don't get a free bus pass like all the students in halls :frown: boo. Xx
Reply 12
Original post by killercow292
Yes thats what i got! :smile: however, i havent heard anything......

i went there today and i have a room now :smile: but I'm sure they will email you in the new few days saying if you have a room. it looks really nice its about 20mins from the main campus but it is walkable!!
i went there today and i have a room now :smile: but I'm sure they will email you in the new few days saying if you have a room. it looks really nice its about 20mins from the main campus but it is walkable!!

Personally the walk is abit dull, i lived in Crescent Halls which is about 2 mins down the road from Slade Park, if you can afford a bus pass for the U5 i would get it, there not overly expensive, it then lets you get into town easy aswell.

got a accomodation offer today :smile: have you paid for it and everything?
Reply 15
My friend got placed in slade park at the beginning of the year, but 4/12 people just from my flat dropped out before Christmas, so if you really want to move to clive booth/cheney just keep checking with the accommodation people. One guy dropped out before freshers week was over
Reply 16
I didn't get a place at any of my 5 accommodation choices either as brookes was my insurance choice, but it seems that CRM Students are just taking advantage of our situation...I mean a £250 booking fee? Basically paying them to write my name down on a piece of paper! Also forgot about having to buy the bus pass because slade park is not part of the uni....another £200+
I might have a word with brookes because it seems a bit unfair to be honest!
Original post by ali.t
I didn't get a place at any of my 5 accommodation choices either as brookes was my insurance choice, but it seems that CRM Students are just taking advantage of our situation...I mean a £250 booking fee? Basically paying them to write my name down on a piece of paper! Also forgot about having to buy the bus pass because slade park is not part of the uni....another £200+

Was Brookes your firm and how close are you to Oxford?
Original post by ali.t

the £250 booking fee converts to your refundable deposit (based on how the room is at end of tenacy)

im not too sure if this will work but with the brookes key - you could put 'other hall' and apply for a free pass that way
Original post by ali.t

With the bus pass thing can you post their reply on here please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending