The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bemydetonator
how long do you think they'll take to respond to the accommodation applications ?

I asked the accommodation people today (before I received my offer)
They said that most should be done by the end of the week. :smile:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Anyone in purham student village ground floor? I'm in flat 3 😃does anyone know what the accom looks like? I have NO idea

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 522
When/where do we pick up keys from?
It says my accommodation agreement thing starts on Saturday the 23rd, but registration is 24th. Will I get my keys at registration? When should I move there?
Reply 523
Original post by tk1993
It says my accommodation agreement thing starts on Saturday the 23rd, but registration is 24th. Will I get my keys at registration? When should I move there?

I think, or rather am hoping, we get an email closer to the date on when to pick up keys, i thought that moving in days were either on the 16th/22nd depending on when your course starts.
Reply 524
Original post by Karism
I think, or rather am hoping, we get an email closer to the date on when to pick up keys, i thought that moving in days were either on the 16th/22nd depending on when your course starts.

Sorry, my accomodation agreement thing starts on Saturday the 22nd, not 23rd, oops :smile: Still confused as to when we get the keys..
Reply 525
Original post by Karism

You book in to collect your keys aprox 2 weeks before date due to move in, you get the keys on the date that licence agreement starts... From what I understood anyway haha! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Sophie_Natasha
I was offered a place on the Midwifery course to start in April 2013 :smile: is there anyone else thats put it as their firm? And does anyone know if the same accomodation deadline applies to those who are starting in April as to what the September starters are given? Any help would be great! :biggrin:

Hiya I have accepted to do midwifery starting in april 2013 as well :smile: After getting my results i have been accepted have u? do u know when we get our placement and also i havent applied for accommodation yet have u as i dont know when we have to apply? also are going to stay in halls or near to your placement, thanks Danielle x
Reply 527
Original post by tk1993

I got an email yesterday saying that we will get emails nearer the time containing all the info we will need including when to pick up keys and move in etc :smile:
Reply 528
Has anyone received the welcome letter or anything from Canterbury with all the info about registration and stuff? I don't even know when my course starts yet, thought we were supposed to receive welcome letters/packs shortly after getting results :frown:
Reply 529
Original post by mikkismiles
I applied for Parham road village, ensuite rooms 1st and 2nd choice then normal rooms after that. How about you :smile: and yeah I will, its just annoying cause its like well why havent I recieved information yet lol x

\\

I applied for Parham road village, got a offer for a standard room at number 17, yeh I can imagine it be frustrating, but the offers seem to be coming for people so prob not long before get yours.
Original post by Amandeep Khatkar
Anyone in purham student village ground floor? I'm in flat 3 does anyone know what the accom looks like? I have NO idea

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Hey, there's a Facebook group for people who are moving to Parham Road. It's called 'Parham Road Student Village Residents 2012 / 2013' - join it! See you there!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 531
Original post by Tiger1993
Has anyone received the welcome letter or anything from Canterbury with all the info about registration and stuff? I don't even know when my course starts yet, thought we were supposed to receive welcome letters/packs shortly after getting results :frown:

Yes I got mine today, but I'm still really confused, I did the online pre-registration on their student portal thingy but half of it doesn't work or is unclear, so I still don't know when I'm meant to move in/collect the keys and there doesn't seem to be anyway to find out. I'm going to phone them tomorrow.
so I applied to CCCU as my insurance and I applied for accommodation on results day and I haven't heard anything back so I rang them today and the man said that I'm on a waiting list and I should probably start looking for private sector accommodation.What is the likelihood that I'll get an accommodation offer from the university ?
Reply 533
I got an email from them today saying they don't start compiling waiting lists until all the students have arrived, and that you can go to a meeting mid-October to discuss which places they have available.
I guess until then your best bet is to go private :frown:
Original post by bemydetonator
so I applied to CCCU as my insurance and I applied for accommodation on results day and I haven't heard anything back so I rang them today and the man said that I'm on a waiting list and I should probably start looking for private sector accommodation.What is the likelihood that I'll get an accommodation offer from the university ?

I applied pretty early on and I got my 3rd choice out of the 5, so I would start looking at private if I were you! x
They said I'll hear back from them by next week.
Reply 536
Out of interest and a little of subject... Is anyone else having problems trying to pick a bag for uni? Probably more of a female problem tbh! I need something that will fit my iPad, galaxy s2, at least a decent size notepad, pens, keys and purse! :redface:

Sorry to keep posting and asking questions but I went from awaiting allocation to processing application on the accommodation page. What does this mean ?
Reply 538
Try going to the contracts bit or One of the other tabs, mine still says processing but have accepted and paid for my accommodation...

I just clicked on that and I don't have an offer yet :/ is this what it says before you get one ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending