The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Answering questions: What happens if I miss the UCAS deadline?

Missing the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) deadline can have several implications for your university application process in the UK. Here's what generally happens:

Missed Main Deadline (January 31st): If you miss the main UCAS deadline, you can still apply for university places. However, universities are not obliged to consider your application. This means your application will only be considered after all on-time applications have been processed, and only if there are still places available.

UCAS Extra: If you applied on time but didn't receive any offers or declined all your offers, you can use UCAS Extra. This service allows you to add additional choices, one at a time, until you secure a place. However, if you missed the initial deadline, you might not be eligible for this.

Clearing Process (from July to September): Clearing is an opportunity for those who missed the main deadline, didn’t receive offers, or didn’t meet the conditions of their offers. Universities list courses with available places on the UCAS website, and you can apply through Clearing.

Limited Choices: Missing the deadline might limit your options. Popular courses at prestigious universities are likely to fill up quickly, so late applications might only be considered for courses with less demand.

Gap Year or Next Intake: If you're unable to secure a place, you might consider taking a gap year and applying for the next academic year. This could give you time to improve your application, gain more experience, or reconsider your course and university choices.

Impact on Financial Aid and Accommodation: Late applications might also affect your eligibility for student finance and university accommodation, as these are often allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you’ve passed ucas deadline, you can look on tiktok for help, people post their experiences or info thy may be helpful and I find that it sometimes relates to my situation.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending