The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
Good luck, what are you applying for? I have not even got an offer yet (applied in November)

FdSc in Paramedic Emergency Care
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 381
Has anyone who has receivd an offer from Brookes booked a Post-Application Open Day yet? It said on the website you have to be invited, but I haven't received an invitation even though I have an unconditional offer...
Original post by Jabberwox
Has anyone who has receivd an offer from Brookes booked a Post-Application Open Day yet? It said on the website you have to be invited, but I haven't received an invitation even though I have an unconditional offer...

I haven't even got an offer from them yet so they might be waiting until all offers have been given out, also what are you applying for?
Reply 383
I haven't even got an offer from them yet so they might be waiting until all offers have been given out, also what are you applying for?

Ahh perhaps... English and Psychology :smile: you?
Ahh perhaps... English and Psychology :smile: you?

Politics & international relations AND economics,politics & international relations
Reply 385
Politics & international relations AND economics,politics & international relations

Nice :smile: hopefully you hear something soon, good luck!

Who negged this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Nice :smile: hopefully you hear something soon, good luck!

Thanks, its really annoying as I have heard back and got offers from my other unis but Brookes the one I want to go to
I've applied for art foundation! Not sure if it's one of my top choices tho - i live in oxford a kind of want a change of scenery. however, the city is beautiful, really good fun. lots of awesome bars/cafes/pubs lots going on...gigs all the time in various venues. one of my favourite things about oxford is that everyone bikes everywhere! its quite a quaint city. feel free to ask any questions about oxford as a place :smile:

Hey don't stress about not receiving an invite yet to a visit day. these take place through the next few months and you will receive a letter in the post inviting you to attend one. when i did my apps last yr i recieved an offer at brookes in Novemeber. My visit day info didnt come through until jan.

Bit of info on visit days... These are more important i found than actually open days. This is the time to meet people who will be on your course and also teach you. I also met a SSC (student support co-ordinator). this was vital as these are the best people to contact when needing information before joining the university. Last year for me the day consisted of a tour of the gipsy lane campus as well as the sports facilities. Then there were two talks. One for parents and one for students. During the students talk we were spoken too by the Student union. After were split into are subjects.

At my subject talk i met one of my lectures. He is an actual module leader for one of my current modules. I also speak to the SSC i met as well.
Anyone else starting at Oxford Brookes in January 2012?
Interview for Paramedic Emergency Care went well I think just have to wait and see....
Reply 391
Thanks, its really annoying as I have heard back and got offers from my other unis but Brookes the one I want to go to

I'm in the same position as you, for the same course.
Reply 392
I just applied 1 month ago... I guess it is gonna take a long time to reply? Can't wait! :tongue:
Original post by Pn94
I'm in the same position as you, for the same course.

Cool, what accommodation are you looking at?
Reply 394
Cool, what accommodation are you looking at?

Haven't got a clue until I hopefully get an offer :biggrin:
Original post by Pn94
Haven't got a clue until I hopefully get an offer :biggrin:

Same!
Reply 396
Same!

Where else did you apply?
Reply 397
Original post by Guygp

Original post by Guygp
Will be applying for Politics :smile:

What did you get in your AS?
Reply 398
still not heard from oxford brookes -____-
all offers back in November why is it taking so long :frown:
Reply 399
Applied for International relations and Politics :/

- Not too confident I'll get an offer, mediocre GCSEs (was hospitalised for a few months, is in reference), poor AS grades...

Fingers crossed though! :smile: My re-takes should set things straight before they REJECT me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending