The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Chemistry Practicals

I just did my calculations and I forgot to round my values to 3 sf and I also forgot to put units.

Will I get marks knocked off for these even though my answers are correct? :eek:
Yes, you'll lose marks for no units. You might not lose marks for the significant figures if the question didn't state "3 s.f."
Reply 2
Original post by NutterFrutter
Yes, you'll lose marks for no units. You might not lose marks for the significant figures if the question didn't state "3 s.f."

it said (to appropriate sf) but i simply just put everything i saw on the calculator onto the answer sheet..

so i lose marks for no units? even though the answer only worth 1 mark? does it mean that i will get zero even though my answer is right?
Original post by freakynerdlol

it said (to appropriate sf) but i simply just put everything i saw on the calculator onto the answer sheet..

so i lose marks for no units? even though the answer only worth 1 mark? does it mean that i will get zero even though my answer is right?

If it was only 1 mark then you won't lose marks for unit. But yes, you will lose the mark for significant figures, sorry.
Reply 4
I just did my calculations and I forgot to round my values to 3 sf and I also forgot to put units.

Will I get marks knocked off for these even though my answers are correct? :eek:

Edexcel ISA markschemes are actually quite mean.
I remember last year I forgot to put sig figs etc and I dropped so many marks!
You've probably dropped at most 2 marks.

EDIT: If they said "state your units" then yes, you would lose a mark for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending