The Student Room Group

I am predicted all 9s for GCSE, AMA

I finished my year 10 exams and I am predicted straight 9s. The subjects I am taking are:

Maths - 9
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 9
Economics - 9
Computer Science - 9
Geography - 9
Spanish - 9

Any questions that you have about absolutely anything related to GCSE, I am happy to answer.
Original post by AnyTime
I finished my year 10 exams and I am predicted straight 9s. The subjects I am taking are:

Maths - 9
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 9
Economics - 9
Computer Science - 9
Geography - 9
Spanish - 9

Any questions that you have about absolutely anything related to GCSE, I am happy to answer.

Congrats on those great predictions! Do your own predictions for your results match your teacher predictions?
Reply 2
Thank you. I thought I might get an 8 in English lang. But I did quite a lot of transactional writing practice the half-term before exams and so I managed to get a 9 in that as well.
Original post by AnyTime
Thank you. I thought I might get an 8 in English lang. But I did quite a lot of transactional writing practice the half-term before exams and so I managed to get a 9 in that as well.

Sounds like you're on track for great results then! Good luck in year 11!
What exam board do you do for each of them and how do you recommend revising and improving at both the Englishes and Geography?
Reply 5
Maths - Edexcel
Chemistry - Edexcel
Biology - Edexcel
Physics - Edexcel
English Lang - Edexcel
English Lit - Edexcel
Economics - Edexcel
Computer Science - CAIE
Geography - CAIE
Spanish - Edexcel

For English, I think the best way to revise is to practice and ask your teacher to mark them for you. Honestly, for some people, their teachers don't really care about marking. For those of you that don't have helpful teachers, I can read the essays and give feedback. Obviously, the teachers are the primary sources for feedback and are more experienced than me, as I didn't even do my actual GCSEs yet lol, but if you really need help, then dm me. This also helps me to see where I can improve on :smile:

For geo, this may sound clíche but mindmaps are best for case studies, and memorising keywords is a good way to learn as well. My favourite way to learn by far for theory-heavy subjects is a technique called blurting, where you write everything you know about a topic on a piece of paper and compare it to your notes to check what points you didn't write down. IMO don't be too harsh with this technique, as there are always points you won't know, but if you feel a point is very important, then try to memorise it.

Hope this helps
Hey, what did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest