The Student Room Group

A-level practicals

I'm currently doing bio and chem for AQA and one thing I'm worried about are the ambers I have on practicals on writeups beside greens. Does that affect uni offers and what to do next.
Original post by Trigger Nemesis
I'm currently doing bio and chem for AQA and one thing I'm worried about are the ambers I have on practicals on writeups beside greens. Does that affect uni offers and what to do next.

I do Edexcel biology so the marking system is a little different, but as long you pass the practical component you should be fine. They will only be able to see whether you have passed the practical component or not, not specifically how you did on each practical. It most likely won't affect your uni offers and I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you have a lot of ambers.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I do Edexcel biology so the marking system is a little different, but as long you pass the practical component you should be fine. They will only be able to see whether you have passed the practical component or not, not specifically how you did on each practical. It most likely won't affect your uni offers and I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you have a lot of ambers.

Hi, thank you for giving me an answer. Regarding to what you've said, I think I have a lot of ambers for chemistry side compared to greens. Is that something to be worried about?
Original post by Trigger Nemesis
Hi, thank you for giving me an answer. Regarding to what you've said, I think I have a lot of ambers for chemistry side compared to greens. Is that something to be worried about?

I am unsure what an amber is, if you are concerned I would speak to your chemistry teachers about it. I do Edexcel so the marking system is different. What do you mean by 'a lot' of ambers?
I will speak to my chemistry teachers about them. Thank you for your help 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest