The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

PGCE interview at Derby anyone?

Hello, I have got an email today inviting me to an interview at the University of Derby, I am just wondering if anyone else has applied there?

Thanks, :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied... fingers crossed I get called for interview - good luck! :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I have my interview on Thursday (15th) at Derby I am very nervous, another girl I know has hers Thursday aswell.

Good Luck Everyone.
Reply 3
Original post by redhpsaucy
Hi I have my interview on Thursday (15th) at Derby I am very nervous, another girl I know has hers Thursday aswell.

Good Luck Everyone.

me too, what time is yours?
Reply 4
Hi mine is at 1pm eeek :eek:
Reply 5
Have you been doing any revision? I keep trying but nothing sinks in. Have you been to any PGCE interviews before?
Reply 6
Have you been doing any revision? I keep trying but nothing sinks in. Have you been to any PGCE interviews before?

ah good luck, mine is at 9am, i know a couple of people for the 1pm slot, this is my very first PGCE interview, so nervous! have you been to any before? yeah been revising a little :-)
Reply 7
eeek i have mine on Thursday as well at 9 am :-( good luck everyone
Reply 8
No I have not been for PGCE before finished Educations Studies at Derby in jan, had time at home since as I had a baby girl in my 2nd year and a a baby boy in my 3rd year in fact dissertaion hand in was 17th Dec last year my mum had to hand it in as my son was born on that day :-) his 1st Birthday on Saturday.

Can't think about saturday though till Thursday out the way, wish I had a magic wand lol
Reply 9
Original post by blondemims
eeek i have mine on Thursday as well at 9 am :-( good luck everyone

good luck to you too! :-)
Reply 10
No I have not been for PGCE before finished Educations Studies at Derby in jan, had time at home since as I had a baby girl in my 2nd year and a a baby boy in my 3rd year in fact dissertaion hand in was 17th Dec last year my mum had to hand it in as my son was born on that day :-) his 1st Birthday on Saturday.

Can't think about saturday though till Thursday out the way, wish I had a magic wand lol

wow, you have been busy, all worth it though, my little boy is five and is wild, ha, i wouldn't have him any other way though. good luck to you :-)
Reply 11
Those that have there interview at Derby on the 15th...... (Good luck!!!) also... do u have one to one interviews or just group ones?
Reply 12
Original post by tigergrowl
Those that have there interview at Derby on the 15th...... (Good luck!!!) also... do u have one to one interviews or just group ones?

Thanks, both group and one to one!x
Reply 13
Original post by lowe28
Thanks, both group and one to one!x

Thanks! I guess Derby are varying it then... because someone on here went for the 5-11 interview and didnt have a one to one interview... which are u going for?
Reply 14
Original post by tigergrowl
Thanks! I guess Derby are varying it then... because someone on here went for the 5-11 interview and didnt have a one to one interview... which are u going for?

well that is what is has stated on the email but who knows! ive applied for 5-11 primary too
well nerves have passed now, I can only try.

Good luck to all for tomorrow :-)
Reply 16
Original post by lowe28
well that is what is has stated on the email but who knows! ive applied for 5-11 primary too

Aah! Let us know how it goes! Best of luck x
Well just got back from interview, did really well on the english but poor on the maths and science. Group interview went ok, but no individual one. Just a wait and see but some how i dont think i will get a place.
Reply 18
I had my interview on the 13th...so many parts to it that not really sure how I did... I did remember the lady that did the group/1-1 said that they looked at each person as a whole, not any element in particular....so maybe you'll b ok?
Reply 19
Hi. Been offered an interview at Uni of Derby for Lower Primary (3-7 yrs) on 6th Jan. Just the thing I needed to hear, been grieving for the last few days.

Good Luck to all that have had their interview!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending