The Student Room Group

Cumbria PGCE interview

Hi guys,

I've just been emailed today by Cumbria university saying that they would like to invite me to an interview for a History PGCE.
I was just wondering if any of you have had an interview for them and would like to know what to expect?

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Furbiiee
Hi guys,

I've just been emailed today by Cumbria university saying that they would like to invite me to an interview for a History PGCE.
I was just wondering if any of you have had an interview for them and would like to know what to expect?

Thank you :smile:

I can't help you but I'm in the same boat, got an email today for MFL. My interview's going to be in German! So now I'm pretty nervous. Are you from the area?
Reply 2
Original post by twosugars
I can't help you but I'm in the same boat, got an email today for MFL. My interview's going to be in German! So now I'm pretty nervous. Are you from the area?

Nah, I'm from Bradford so depending on the time of the interview I'm going to have to stay over in Lancaster (I'm guessing) the night before. What about you?
They've not emailed me details yet, they've just let me know they like me enough to interview me :')
Reply 3
Nah, I'm from Bradford so depending on the time of the interview I'm going to have to stay over in Lancaster (I'm guessing) the night before. What about you?
They've not emailed me details yet, they've just let me know they like me enough to interview me :')

http://www.cumbria.ac.uk/Courses/ApplicationsEnquiries/Applicants/Interviews/Education/PGCESecondary.aspx

There's the info for interview there. I'm from Lancaster originally so luckily for me I can just stay with my parents. I hope it goes well.
Reply 4
http://www.cumbria.ac.uk/Courses/ApplicationsEnquiries/Applicants/Interviews/Education/PGCESecondary.aspx

There's the info for interview there. I'm from Lancaster originally so luckily for me I can just stay with my parents. I hope it goes well.

Oooh thank you! Quite nervous about having to deliver a little mini lesson!
Reply 5
I have an interview on the 28th for General primary, so if anyone else has one that day let me know! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Mine's on the 20th of March :smile:
Reply 7
I had mine in January for secondary MFL. I was nervous before mine, but as soon as I got there and met a few of the other candidates and tutors, I felt more relaxed. Don't worry about the interview or any of the tasks, just make sure you are up to date on the curriculum for your subject etc.

Good luck and hopefully see you in September! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by EmilyJayne
I had mine in January for secondary MFL. I was nervous before mine, but as soon as I got there and met a few of the other candidates and tutors, I felt more relaxed. Don't worry about the interview or any of the tasks, just make sure you are up to date on the curriculum for your subject etc.

Good luck and hopefully see you in September! :smile:

Hi, mine's MFL as well. I feel quite nervous. For the mini lesson, did you presume they had some basic understanding of the language? I hope it goes well! I'm sure I'll feel better when I get there.
Mine's on the 20th of March :smile:

Congratulations on getting an interview Furbiiee! I hope all goes well for you and wish you the best of luck!
Hey guys

I have got a conditional offer for Cumbria. If anyone else gets a place then it would be nice to say hello before starting in Sept.
Reply 11
Hi, mine's MFL as well. I feel quite nervous. For the mini lesson, did you presume they had some basic understanding of the language? I hope it goes well! I'm sure I'll feel better when I get there.

Hello!

Good luck, when is it? I presumed they had no knowledge at all, I think it said to do that on one of the pages of their website :smile:

They aren't looking for perfect lessons though, only potential, so just smile and do what you can!
Reply 12
Original post by EmilyJayne
Hello!

Good luck, when is it? I presumed they had no knowledge at all, I think it said to do that on one of the pages of their website :smile:

They aren't looking for perfect lessons though, only potential, so just smile and do what you can!

It was on weds, it didn't go too badly, I was quite happy with it. I can't believe how nervous I was, they were so nice I was completely at ease all day. The lady wasn't there to assess my first language though so I had a phone interview today, and she still hasn't seen my written and correction tasks, so just got to wait a little longer.... fingers crossed!
Hello.

I had my interview for Lower primary PGCE at UOC (carlisle) on wednesday and found out yesterday that i have a conditional offer. Would be nice to hear from anyone who has got on the primary PGCE too or has a interview and would like some info :smile:
Reply 14
Got an offer on the 14 th march so happy! Uoc, fusehill street general primary. Interview was on the 7th march.
Reply 15
I got an offer today for MFL :smile: in Lancaster
Reply 16
I got an offer today for MFL :smile: in Lancaster

Oooh! YAY! :biggrin:

When was your interview btw? Just so I know the typical waiting time for feedback, I got told 5 days but a few people at my interview were a bit sceptic of it...
Reply 17
Oooh! YAY! :biggrin:

When was your interview btw? Just so I know the typical waiting time for feedback, I got told 5 days but a few people at my interview were a bit sceptic of it...

It was on the 14th so it was 6 working days. They did imply 2 days to me though!
Original post by core02890
Got an offer on the 14 th march so happy! Uoc, fusehill street general primary. Interview was on the 7th march.

Well done... I will be on your course.. have you looked into accommodation yet??
Original post by charlotte995_2004
Hey guys

I have got a conditional offer for Cumbria. If anyone else gets a place then it would be nice to say hello before starting in Sept.

Well done are you going to Lancaster or carlisle??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending