The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lebron's gonna have to play alot of minutes for the Heat to win this
Jelo time coming up soon in the 4th quarter
Wade's been doing work tonight
1-11 that's prime Scalabrine shooting right there
(edited 11 years ago)
lol Heat look totally different.
Larry Bird has won ROY,All Star MVP, MVP,Finals MVP,COY and now EOY. :adore: GOAT basketball person
Original post by alexsong
no offence but did you actually watch him winning the 3 rings ? Calling him best of a generation isn't a bad shout at all

nope i only watched one, i used to hate the spurs because they were boring (for me)
dont get me wrong i've always thought he was great but no one will classify him as the best in the generation the way the game is perceived in todays age there are constraints that mean no one playing outside of the 1-3 spot will be the best, simply because the game is based mostly on points and there are less scoring opportunities for Tim than say Kobe (i hate to give him any credit)

+ if we base it on play and not just awards etc everybody knows lebron is a greater player than tim, lebron plays 1-4 positions naturally and could play 5, he continually gotten better and bar the closing issues can we really fault his game? o and he's younger than that ball hog kobe

anyway the pacers won game 3 o_O what in the world is going on, it's looking like another year of skip bloody bayless talk
Reply 2627
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

This is too hilarious. Dwayne Westbrook was pathetic. Left Lebron and even Chalmers to try and carry all the weight. Never going to work.

I feel sorry for Lebron. He's not going to win a ring this year unless Bosh comes back. Even then, they aren't as good as the Spurs or maybe even OKC. But, at least he can comfort himself that it wasn't his fault this year - if they lose to the Pacers, it'll fall on Bosh's injury and Wade.
Original post by youngzwavey
nope i only watched one, i used to hate the spurs because they were boring (for me)
dont get me wrong i've always thought he was great but no one will classify him as the best in the generation the way the game is perceived in todays age there are constraints that mean no one playing outside of the 1-3 spot will be the best, simply because the game is based mostly on points and there are less scoring opportunities for Tim than say Kobe (i hate to give him any credit)

+ if we base it on play and not just awards etc everybody knows lebron is a greater player than tim, lebron plays 1-4 positions naturally and could play 5, he continually gotten better and bar the closing issues can we really fault his game? o and he's younger than that ball hog kobe

anyway the pacers won game 3 o_O what in the world is going on, it's looking like another year of skip bloody bayless talk

This time he cant actually blame lebron, its not his fault.
Original post by Xotol
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

This is too hilarious. Dwayne Westbrook was pathetic. Left Lebron and even Chalmers to try and carry all the weight. Never going to work.

I feel sorry for Lebron. He's not going to win a ring this year unless Bosh comes back. Even then, they aren't as good as the Spurs or maybe even OKC. But, at least he can comfort himself that it wasn't his fault this year - if they lose to the Pacers, it'll fall on Bosh's injury and Wade.

What in the world is going on with Dwyane Wade hes shooting horribly playing horribly and behaving horribly. Loss of bosh has affected him the most.
Original post by youngzwavey

Lebron and Duncan aren't in the same generation though. Duncan was a perennial all star and champion before Lebron was in high school. So it's an irrelevant comparison when considering best of a generation.

Even if they were in same generation, Duncan's better. Lebron has made 2 finals and lost them both, Duncan has 4 championships and 3 finals MVP's. Now as much as I hate the rings argument generally, being "the man" on 3 championship teams trumps anything Lebron has done.
Original post by SamF1992
Lebron and Duncan aren't in the same generation though. Duncan was a perennial all star and champion before Lebron was in high school. So it's an irrelevant comparison when considering best of a generation.

Even if they were in same generation, Duncan's better. Lebron has made 2 finals and lost them both, Duncan has 4 championships and 3 finals MVP's. Now as much as I hate the rings argument generally, being "the man" on 3 championship teams trumps anything Lebron has done.

fair point but i dont think we're all on the same page, greatest of the generation, best all round player, most accolades all different things. If you've seen the greatest laker of all time tnt debate apply that to this generation, Kobe *shudders* trumps tim in greatness

dont forget while tim and kobe may be equal kobe came into league straight from high school, tim went to wake forest, kobe learnt on the job while tim matured in college and then got his deserved R.O.Y still hate Kobe though
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd still have Duncan over Kobe
Duncan is Top 10 of all time while Kobe isn't
Miami looking U-G-L-Y!
Reply 2633
Suck to be a sports fan tbpfh :colonhash:

Going to go sit in my pajamas with my blanket and watch a trashy film with some ice cream :emo:
Dwyane Wade has to be trying to throw this series. Some of his shots yesterday were akin to something out of an upper school game. Lebron must be feeling lonely right now. If Wade doesn't show up again then it's all on his shoulders.
Hibbert played like a bawss though.

Kyrie's got some handles on him
Heat cancelled practice today, don't loook gurrd for them...anyway OKC to win it all.
Original post by Simon Adebisi

Kyrie's got some handles on him

Lol that's pretty cool, not sure if the other players were in on it or not, but pretty cool either way.
Original post by S-man10
Suck to be a sports fan tbpfh :colonhash:

Going to go sit in my pajamas with my blanket and watch a trashy film with some ice cream :emo:

lool ahh, i thought thunder were playing at like 10 eastern i dont know why i woke up now at 6:20 and the games just closing but i'm watching this last couple mins, its about to be 3-0 then the lakers go and get the lead, another kd last second buzzer beater is needed

KD missed it :frown: 2-1 okc
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest