The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Applying to do PGCE at Brunel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks very much shell :smile: I have been doing the online tests and printing out all the extra materials. I have also been reading about the new NC and current educational issues. Bit anxious about the Maths its been a while since I have done a Maths test! Is there anything major that you think I should cover? Thanks for the help :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 21
Hiya,

I'd suggest going over basic multipication, changing fractions into numbers and vice versa. Also, Angles in cuboids ect working out the missing angle for example and how to work out basic volumes of shapes x
Reply 22
Original post by Shell!

Original post by Shell!
Hiya,

I sent off my application at the end of october 2011 and found out i had an interview by the end of november, so give them a bit of time and its likely you'll hear some point this month if not a little later, maybe febuary as they have been closed for most of december over christmas.

Three weeks as a TA is better than nothing, there were some at my interview who hadnt even been into a school.

And as for your degree i wouldnt worry about it not being a curriculum subject, I studied a degree in Sociology and Social Science, which isnt a curriculum subject either and have got a place.

Good luck, and just give them a little bit of time to get back to you, hope you get an interview! x

Hi thanks..i didnt get a interview in Brunel as they want students to have gcse in science before theya pply, this is o unfair, as i am studying for it now and will get my results in August time. But i have an interview with Uni of Herts. Its a group presentation, written task, and individual interview. They said to have knowledge about education system etc...whers the best place to research on,, and any education factors which i need to know. Many Thanks
Reply 23
Original post by Shell!
Hiya,

I'd suggest going over basic multipication, changing fractions into numbers and vice versa. Also, Angles in cuboids ect working out the missing angle for example and how to work out basic volumes of shapes x

Hi.. I have an interview on the 18 th and was hoping you could guide me through the process you went through last year and give me as much detail as possible about the different things you had to do! Is the presentation quite informal? It mentions no power point but should I take a poster or handouts or something? How's your pgce going so far and how's brunel as a uni?
Reply 24
Hi,
I have a PGCE secondary school maths interview with Brunel next week. Does anyone the interview process and any tips or advice for the interview. Also do you know what kind of questions they will ask.
Thanks
Reply 25
Hi,

I have interview in Brunel fir pgce secondary maths next week. @ippi, can u please give me some idea about interview process and maths test.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending