The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

BBB unis with ABC predicted

Okay so I will probably have ABC predicted, but I want to apply to Aston and maybe Brunel who both have offers of BBB on their business management course. My C is in computing atm, my B is in maths and my A is in Spanish. I care more about Aston, do u think they’ll let it slide and give me an offer. If I do get a BBB offer, I will not have any problem meeting it, I will probably get abb or aab easily in my exams but do u think it’s likely I’ll get an offer to begin with?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I will probably have ABC predicted, but I want to apply to Aston and maybe Brunel who both have offers of BBB on their business management course. My C is in computing atm, my B is in maths and my A is in Spanish. I care more about Aston, do u think they’ll let it slide and give me an offer. If I do get a BBB offer, I will not have any problem meeting it, I will probably get abb or aab easily in my exams but do u think it’s likely I’ll get an offer to begin with?

There's a good chance of you receiving offers from both Aston and Brunel.

According to the UniGuide (source), for Business and Management at Aston, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" are "Business Studies B | Economics B | Mathematics C".

It's a similar story at Brunel (source): "Business Studies B | Economics C | Mathematics C".

Note that I'm answering from the context of grades only. I haven't checked if either has a requirement (or preference) for particular A level subjects, and I clearly can't comment on your GCSEs, personal statement, reference, etc.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
There's a good chance of you receiving offers from both Aston and Brunel.

According to the UniGuide (source), for Business and Management at Aston, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" are "Business Studies B | Economics B | Mathematics C".

It's a similar story at Brunel (source): "Business Studies B | Economics C | Mathematics C".

Note that I'm answering from the context of grades only. I haven't checked if either has a requirement (or preference) for particular A level subjects, and I clearly can't comment on your GCSEs, personal statement, reference, etc.

thank u for the reply, ah yes ive seen these statistics for other unis aswell, i originally also wanted to apply for queen marys which had AAA requirements, yet the average applicant got BCD which was interesting. I've got pretty good gcses (9888777776) , and theres no alevel subjects requirements so yea i think i will apply, i just didnt want to if it was rlly unlikely of me getting an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest