The Student Room Group

uni clearing

I have a conditional offer of ABC to brunel which is my firm but the uni I wanted to go to which was KCL didn’t give me an offer. Now if I end up getting the grades needed for KCL (A*AA) which are higher than the offer can I apply through clearing for KCL without rejecting my offer to Brunel in case KCL dont take me through clearing and I can go to Brunel if KCL say no
Original post by oversize-pedal
I have a conditional offer of ABC to brunel which is my firm but the uni I wanted to go to which was KCL didn’t give me an offer. Now if I end up getting the grades needed for KCL (A*AA) which are higher than the offer can I apply through clearing for KCL without rejecting my offer to Brunel in case KCL dont take me through clearing and I can go to Brunel if KCL say no

Hi there :hello:

Probably not, no if you try and contact KCL on results day about Clearing places they'll probably ask you for your Clearing number. You can only get one by declining your place at Brunel and releasing yourself into clearing. This is an irreversible decision so you'd be restricted to whatever you could find in Clearing, be that KCL, Brunel or another institution, unless you successfully begged Brunel to reinstate your place.

It's worth having a general browse at what is in Clearing if you do exceed your offer, to see if you have other options that you'd prefer before deciding whether to keep or decline your place, but you are unlikely to be able to contact unis without a Clearing number, and you certainly aren't able to make an application through Clearing without declining your existing place.

Good luck for results day! :h:
Original post by oversize-pedal

It is very unlikely Kings will accept you.

Firstly they will have looked at your application at the time. They could have made you an offer and rejected you if you didnt reach the grades. The fact they didnt do that shows they werent interested,

Secondly Kings typically have very few courses in clearing. They have filled their courses in advance and so wont have places.

Thirdly students tend to have lower grades than predicted and very few have higher grades,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending