The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

UNI choice

did i make a mistake im chose to go to brunel for comp sci and rejected exeter and kent since kent is too far and exeter did have a bad problem with racism
Original post by ibby221
did i make a mistake im chose to go to brunel for comp sci and rejected exeter and kent since kent is too far and exeter did have a bad problem with racism

I mean, you cant change the past. Exeter has https://www.exeter.ac.uk/about/speakout/responses/antiracist/
I dont know the differences between the modules for exeter and brunel but, if the only reason was the racism thing…
Did you like exeter more than brunel?
(edited 7 months ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
I mean, you cant change the past. Exeter has https://www.exeter.ac.uk/about/speakout/responses/antiracist/
I dont know the differences between the modules for exeter and brunel but, if the only reason was the racism thing…
Did you like exeter more than brunel?

pretty much was a racism thing and it was further away .
Original post by ibby221
pretty much was a racism thing and it was further away .

Do you commute?
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Do you commute?

yes i do commute since i dont really want the debt from student accom and i can easily get one train to brunel
Original post by ibby221
yes i do commute since i dont really want the debt from student accom and i can easily get one train to brunel

I commute to my uni as well. I take the train, than a bus
Hi Ibby,

It is really down to your own personal choice and what works best for you really. I am sure that you have done your research on the courses you applied to and the universities you shortlisted and so all will have met criteria important to you. It is perfectly natural to question your decisions, but unless you really are worried about your choice, trust your initial instinct. I am sure you thought it over thoroughly earlier this year. I obviously think Exeter is a great institution, but there will be lots of people who say the same about Brunel too.

You mentioned concerns about racism at the University of Exeter so I would like to try to alleviate those a little too if that is ok (and for anyone else who might read this); there is no hiding that we have had some bad publicity regarding racism in the past, which would rightly so concern many people considering applying to Exeter. The reported incidents are not representative of the whole student/staff body and the University is committed to supporting all students and staff. I cannot speak for individual students at Exeter, but as an institution we certainly do not tolerate any racism and will act decisively on any reported incidents. As an intuition we want to attract the brightest minds, regardless of their background and personal circumstances.

Hope this reassures you a bit - best of luck with the start of term, have a great time!

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending