The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

I am really confused whether I should go to Brunel or take a gap year?

I don't know if I should go to Brunel for Aerospace Engineering or take a year. As I am an international student, I want to apply to universities in Germany or there's a great uni in Netherlands called TU Delft. But I am bit stuck right now, cuz I don't know if Brunel is good or not. any kind of advice would help, just help...
Reply 1
Some of the universities would ask you what you did in your gap year. Are you planning on doing work experience for the mean time? Have you already applied to the other unis in Germany and the Netherlands? Maybe you should go to Brunel and if you don't like it, try transfering...you should check if it's possible to transfer to those other unis. If you take a gap year, and apply to the other universities, are you sure you'll get it in to them? If not, then won't you have to take another year off or go for another uni which wasn't really in your liking? You should consider these things :smile: I hope it'll help
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Maxine03
Some of the universities would ask you what you did in your gap year. Are you planning on doing work experience for the mean time? Have you already applied to the other unis in Germany and the Netherlands? Maybe you should go to Brunel and if you don't like it, try transfering...you should check if it's possible to transfer to those other unis. If you take a gap year, and apply to the other universities, are you sure you'll get it in to them? If not, then won't you have to take another year off or go for another uni which wasn't really in your liking? You should consider these things :smile: I hope it'll help

thanks bro, i will really consider these things before coming to a final decision
Original post by hemantk_
I don't know if I should go to Brunel for Aerospace Engineering or take a year. As I am an international student, I want to apply to universities in Germany or there's a great uni in Netherlands called TU Delft. But I am bit stuck right now, cuz I don't know if Brunel is good or not. any kind of advice would help, just help...

Brunel has a really good reputation for Engineering but a poor reputation outside of that. in fact, the culture is so poor at Brunel it would have to be world class at Engineering to be enough make up for it for me, which it is not.

i would not go to Brunel as an international student.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hemantk_
thanks bro, i will really consider these things before coming to a final decision

I wish you all the best ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending