The Student Room Group

Which part of the syllabus to revise? (OCR)

I'm having trouble understanding the OCR specification for Economics A2:The Economics of work and leisure. The mark scheme is divided into two columns: according to my teacher, the right-hand column contains ALL the questions that OCR could ask (though some may require intuition if they're tailored to the case study) and the left hand side contains athe topics that these questions cover.

This begs the question: what should we revise? Would it be sensible to write perfect answers to the right-hand column questions (using the topics from the left-hand column) and simply memorise the answers or is there something more to revision?

Also, I have two text books: an official OCR/Bamford book and a much thicker unofficial, modern cyan book for the OCR specification. In the new book, there are extra topics about the nature of firms that are apparently common to both the Economics of Work and Leisure and the Transport Economics exams but these topics are apparently missing from the official OCR book. Should I bother with these supplementary topics?
Reply 1
Bump, having the same problem but with AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending