The Student Room Group

Psychology help needed

How dyu revise psychology, I’m stuck on grade 3/4 and can’t seem to move past a grade 5😭
I’m doing ocr gcse psychology
Plus how do I even tackle the research method part becuz I think I lose most of the marks there tbh🫠
Reply 1
By practising the past examination papers.
Reply 2
Original post by Äries
By practising the past examination papers.

Never really works for me
Reply 3
There’s a two-week period to exam, good luck!
Hello,

The way I would revise for it would be to ensure that I know the syllabus material and the learning outcomes, then I would tick off each topic as I am studying to ensure I have covered everything.

In terms of trying to remember the material, I use a method called "Active Recall" where instead of just reading I would make questions, flashcards, summaries and often go over the material every fort night.

Try to also search on Youtube, as there are often really good summaries and tips and trick to help answering the questions.

Best of luck,
Haya - MBBS 5
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello,

The way I would revise for it would be to ensure that I know the syllabus material and the learning outcomes, then I would tick off each topic as I am studying to ensure I have covered everything.

In terms of trying to remember the material, I use a method called "Active Recall" where instead of just reading I would make questions, flashcards, summaries and often go over the material every fort night.

Try to also search on Youtube, as there are often really good summaries and tips and trick to help answering the questions.

Best of luck,
Haya - MBBS 5

I would also use past paper questions - when in doubt just keep using past paper questions.
Reply 6
If possible, you can practice with sample exam questions to understand how they are formulated.
Original post by a_nzz07
Never really works for me

i know you said it never really works for you, but by doing this, you will able to see which questions have come up and also how the questions have been worded :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending