The Student Room Group

Which would you say is the harder degree and why?

Neuroscience VS Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Medicine, because it obviously is.
Reply 2
Original post by Addzter

Workload wise, study wise or subject matter??
Original post by Starlights23
Workload wise, study wise or subject matter??

Probably all three.
Reply 4
Physics without a doubt.
Original post by Besakt
Physics without a doubt.

Physics Science is applied maths. :awesome:
Reply 6
Original post by wanderlust.xx

Your signature :sexface:
Original post by Addzter

:rofl:
Reply 8
Original post by wanderlust.xx

That is why it is more difficult. Your not just playing with numbers, your playing with numbers that have been applied to complicated situations.
Original post by Besakt
That is why it is more difficult. Your not just playing with numbers, your playing with numbers that have been applied to complicated situations.

But then maths can be hard, if I get asked to do anything with trig again in my life, it'll be too soon. Then again if we were to ask a mathematician to calculate the pH of ethanoic acid knowing only pKa and the concentration, I think they'd moan.
Reply 10
Neuroscience probably takes more understanding, but Medicine probably has a lot more rote learning. Hard in their own ways.

Then again, I have done neither of them, so my opinion (like that of 99% of people on this thread) is useless :tongue:
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Amazing sig.

@OP Medicine I think. Workload is so heavy.
Reply 12
Original post by Fallen
Neuroscience probably takes more understanding, but Medicine probably has a lot more rote learning. Hard in their own ways.

Then again, I have done neither of them, so my opinion (like that of 99% of people on this thread) is useless :tongue:

I was talking to a foundation year doctor who did neuroscience then post graduate medicine, she said she found neuroscience more difficult.
Reply 13
Medicine.
Reply 14
Original post by Besakt
I was talking to a foundation year doctor who did neuroscience then post graduate medicine, she said she found neuroscience more difficult.

That could however be that she did neuroscience first and then had some of the knowledge for medicine already because there's bound to be some of the grounding that uses similar information. If she'd have done it the other way round it may not have been the same.
Reply 15
Original post by Becky Stothart
That could however be that she did neuroscience first and then had some of the knowledge for medicine already because there's bound to be some of the grounding that uses similar information. If she'd have done it the other way round it may not have been the same.

Yeah I was thinking that, but then on that basis it would be impossible for anybody to compare the two.
My first degree was essentially neuroscience. I'm finding medical school to be much more hard work.
Reply 17
My first degree was essentially neuroscience. I'm finding medical school to be much more hard work.

What was it?
Original post by Besakt
What was it?

Psychology, but I studied cell and molecular neuroscience, cog neurosci, neuropsych etc etc and attended labs with the biomeds doing neurosci.

That dog in your sig is awesome I can't stop looking at it's face. :awesome:

I always thought it was Natural Sciences at Cambridge for example, like doing 3 degrees in 1 year.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending