The Student Room Group

Christopher Hitchens has died

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Sparkles
Well he's burning in hell right now that's for sure. Massive **** if ever there was one.
Of course RIP and all that.

i don't believe in hell and all that but i sure hope one exists for 'people' like you
Going to be brutally honest and admit that I have no idea who he is.
Reply 22
Original post by KatieKate
Going to be brutally honest and admit that I have no idea who he is.

He is kind of like Richard Dawkins..pro logical thinking..mostly against religion.
Reply 23
Original post by ThePropheticNomad
I guess he now knows whether he was right or wrong.

Unless he was right, in which case he doesn't.

EDIT: Oh no, I've been beaten to it. On a serious note, really sad news. I'm definitely going to go out and buy his books soon. His last ever interview is in the latest issue of the New Statesman if you're interested.
(edited 12 years ago)
RIP Hitchens :frown:

What a guy.
Reply 25
I wonder if some of people who will 'celebrate' his death are mixing him up with Peter Hitchens :confused:

Couple of moments of genius from the main man. Hilarious stuff.
I might not have agreed with him on absolutely everything, but he was undeniably a brilliant writer. Gone too soon. :rip:
Reply 28
I don't know who Hitchens was. :nah:

But it is horrible to take the piss out of/revel in his demise , particularily from a horrible disease like Cancer. :naughty:
I wasn't such a fan of his habit of preaching opinion as truth, then again I'm not a big fan of rhetoric in general. Nevertheless, he exercised his right to freedom of speech to the nth degree and gave a lot of people strength in the process. He will be missed.
Hitchens was my hero. Very sad news I hope more great people like him come up. :frown:
An intellectual powerhouse. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace Hitch.
Reply 32
Very sad news. :frown:

Thank you Christopher. Rest in Peace.
RIP
Reply 34
aww damn :frown:
Original post by sharklasers92
The world is a better place with one less bigot in it. Good riddance.

Correct, so why don't you do us a favour.
Embarrassed at the amount of people on this thread who clearly only know about his writings on religion...
Original post by ThePropheticNomad
how am I whinging?

tool

Still whinging.
Original post by Mr Sparkles
Well he's burning in hell right now that's for sure. Massive **** if ever there was one.
Of course RIP and all that.

Evidence?
Original post by LeeC
He is kind of like Richard Dawkins..pro logical thinking..mostly against religion.

Mostly? His career spanned decades before his focus shifted to religion... I'm genuinely embarrassed that so many people think his main contributions to the world of writing have been on religion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending