The Student Room Group

French holocaust denier faces extradition from Scotland

A court has ordered that a Holocaust denier who spent two years on the run in Scotland should be extradited.
The French authorities want to put Vincent Reynouard on trial for challenging the existence of crimes against humanity.
The 54-year-old was arrested in November last year after being traced to the East Neuk of Fife.
Sheriff Christopher Dickson has ruled that the alleged offences would amount to an offence under Scots Law.

Read more here.
What a waste of court time and taxpayer money. :grr:
Hopefully he has not contravened any uk laws whilst within uk territories.

Why was this overseas citizen felon, described as a "despicable Holocaust denier who has repeatedly been convicted by French courts" even granted admission into the uk? :creep:
Never mind having the opportunity to work and reside in Scotland since Brexit.
I dont understand holocaust deniers arent they nazis? Dont extremists usually flex their genocides
The Sheriff is literally a ****son by abusing the law for political purposes.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Why was this overseas citizen felon, described as a "despicable Holocaust denier who has repeatedly been convicted by French courts" even granted admission into the uk? :creep:
Never mind having the opportunity to work and reside in Scotland since Brexit.

'It's in the article:

"Reynouard was arrested by Police Scotland officers in Anstruther. He was reported to have been living in the town under a false name..."
Original post by Surnia
'It's in the article:

"Reynouard was arrested by Police Scotland officers in Anstruther. He was reported to have been living in the town under a false name..."

Living under a false name in the UK is not illegal until it involves the use of fake photoid/documentation or the fraudulent impersonation of someone else.
For the sake of argument, I'll assume that the criminal French citizen did not have a history of doing that type of thing in other countries before entering Britain.

Regardless, lousy vetting by the UK authorities post-brexit.
With downright reckless conduct by the French authorities in failing to keep track of their own citizen felons that flout their holocaust denial laws.
Original post by Entrepreneur.
I dont understand holocaust deniers arent they nazis? Dont extremists usually flex their genocides

Denying it doesn’t necessarily make you a Nazi. You could just be someone that’s very taken in by conspiracy theories and the like. Similar to those characters who think so many genocides, bombings and so on were just film performances. If so then those actors really deserve Oscars!
Reply 7
I’m all for using real world examples to develop children’s understanding of maths but. ….

He was also found giving his students statistical equations regarding the rate of mortality in Nazi concentration camps.

…. Maybe not like that.
Original post by Entrepreneur.

Often it's an attempt by the far right to whitewash their ideology & make their beliefs sound less objectionable. They'll claim the numbers who died in the camps were highly exaggerated and were caused by food shortages, epidemics, actions during the war etc rather than deliberate mass murder. They misrepresent & cherrypick facts to make it look as if there's legitimate doubt about what happened.
There's other deniers who are more motivated by a general interest in conspiracy theories & the thrill of having 'forbidden knowledge'.
Then there's the really deranged Nazis who openly glorify the Holocaust & say it should have been worse. Examples include Jack Renshaw of the terrorist group National Action, now serving a life sentence for plotting to behead an MP & a police officer with a machete [as well as paedophile offences] - first came to the attention of anti terror authorities for a speech in which he claimed Hitler 'showed too much mercy'.
Also a number of far right extremists have been seen wearing clothing with the slogan 6MWE, which I'm sure it shouldn't take anyone long to work out what that means.

Original post by Gazpacho.
I’m all for using real world examples to develop children’s understanding of maths but. ….

He was also found giving his students statistical equations regarding the rate of mortality in Nazi concentration camps.

…. Maybe not like that.

Wtf was going on in this guys mind to think this was an acceptable example to use in a classroom & that he'd get away with it?:eek: A Neo Nazi maths teacher sounds like it could be a theme for a dark comedy sketch
Original post by londonmyst
Regardless, lousy vetting by the UK authorities post-brexit.

That's because we can't / don't vet people coming here short term/on holiday for periods of up to six months, we don't make people register at hotels with their passports and have no idea where people disappear to after they've crossed the border.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending