The Student Room Group

Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blahblah2654
They were aware they were being filmed yet they spewed all that racist stuff and spoke about stabbing people? Bull****.

Yes - they didn't care. They didn't think there was evidence to bring them to trial. Being racist in your own home isn't a crime.

They screwed-up because once the forensic evidence was found the video was evidence of motive.
(edited 12 years ago)
My mum used to teach Stephen Lawerence's son, it's weird he has a family and all, why would he do that?
Original post by Ministerdonut
I noticed the British Bias corporation cut off the picture of Lawrence doing a black power fist pump.

Here it is in the daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079782/Stephen-Lawrence-trial-Gary-Dobson-David-Norris-guilty-murder.html

I have a question, how can individuals labeled as disgusting murdering racists over the years, had viewing material released of them threatening to kill blacks,brandishing weapons and hurling racist remarks, there been prior knowledge of one of them in a racial altercation with a black police officer which he was sent to prison for be given any kind of fair trial in a British court? Indeed the so called right wing Daily Mail,which all the lefties here rant on about, tried and convicted them before hand in the famous front page 'prove us wrong and sue us' challenge,back in 1997 I think it was.

The same applied to Rose West and any number of notorious villains. Should she be released?

Original post by Ministerdonut

I do not want anyone walking the streets capable of it

Liar. You're agenda is all too clear. Repeating BNP smears and claiming to know the area - yet not knowing who Clifford Norris is. You're a transparent shill.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Joeyboy 12
My mum used to teach Stephen Lawerence's son, it's weird he has a family and all, why would he do that?

:lolwut: You mean your mum taught Stephen Lawerence right?
Reply 84

Confused. Why would he do what?
Reply 85
Just reading that Dobson and Norris will be sentenced as juveniles as they were under 18 when they killed Stephen. Expected to only get about 12 years each. Gutting for the family when it took longer to convict these two than the entirety of Stephen's life.

What on earth are you on about?
Original post by aja89
Just reading that Dobson and Norris will be sentenced as juveniles as they were under 18 when they killed Stephen. Expected to only get about 12 years each. Gutting for the family when it took longer to convict these two than the entirety of Stephen's life.
I hope people don't blame the judge, because he is constrained by the laws of the land which are made by the MP's. The judge is just applying the law in front of him. :frown:
Reply 88

stephen lawrence has a son??
Reply 89
I completely understand that the judge's hands were tied but... HEINOUS SENTENCES. DON'T EVEN COVER THE 18 YEARS OF FREEDOM THE SCUM BAGS ENJOYED SINCE THEY SLAUGHTERED A BOY BECAUSE OF HIS SKIN COLOUR.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
The only hope Stephen Lawrence's family has is that those sentences are the minimum amount of time they will serve.
Absolutely disgusting that Dobson and Norris waved at the gallery as they entered the court. No remorse whatsoever.
Original post by Jaydiee
The only hope Stephen Lawrence's family has is that those sentences are the minimum amount of time they will serve.
Absolutely disgusting that Dobson and Norris waved at the gallery as they entered the court. No remorse whatsoever.
Oh no it is the absolute minimum they have to serve, that is the law. But yes I agree they have no remorse, one of them even blew a kiss to the public gallery as they left the dock after being sentenced. Absolute monsters! :frown: you got to just pity people like that, wasted their lives for what? pathetic.
Remember there are a lot of black men in prison who won't take kindly to racists.
Original post by Beebumble
Remember there are a lot of black men in prison who won't take kindly to racists.

And your point is?
Reply 94
Was there more evidence than a "spec" of blood and one hair that convicted them?

As per the BBC -
* Tiny bloodstain on Dobson's jacket (pictured) matched to Lawrence
* Clothing fibres matched victim's clothes
* Single 2mm hair found on Norris's jeans matched to teenager

To my mind if you've stabbed someone to death then surely they'd be a bit more than that?

I mean if you had a nosebleed and sneezed near someone you'd probably put more hair and blood on them than this.

My main concern is that in a few years time they'll be let out on appeal as per the Jill Dando / Barry George fiasco where George was convicted on similarly microscopic evidence.
Original post by babygirl110
And your point is?

Two men go to prison for murdering a man because of his race. Lots of men in prison who are probably angry for being in prison in the first place. They might as well be walking round with targets on their back.
Reply 96
Original post by babygirl110
And your point is?

i think her point is quite obvious...
Original post by Beebumble
Two men go to prison for murdering a man because of his race. Lots of men in prison who are probably angry for being in prison in the first place. They might as well be walking round with targets on their back.

Are you saying they don't or they do deserve it?

Original post by gapyearstudent
i think her point is quite obvious...

I don't see the point of stating the obvious without elaborating.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 98
They've been sentenced to 15 years(Gary Dobson) & 14 years(David Norris).

Not really long enough but unfortunately in this situation, it's the best the judge could do.
Original post by Ice Constricter
:lolwut: You mean your mum taught Stephen Lawerence right?

No sorry I meant David Norris's son

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending