The Student Room Group

What Stephen King books should I read?

I have just finished reading The Shining and now I want to know what to read next. I’ve read 11/22/63 which I would class as one of if not the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve also read Billy Summers, Misery and Mr Mercedes and liked them all. I also read The Stand which I wasn’t as much a fan of, I think I found the size of it daunting and I found it a hard slog to read it.

What other books should I read? I was looking at The Institute in Tesco the other day and I think I’ll give that a read at some point.
Original post by MikePL
I have just finished reading The Shining and now I want to know what to read next. I’ve read 11/22/63 which I would class as one of if not the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve also read Billy Summers, Misery and Mr Mercedes and liked them all. I also read The Stand which I wasn’t as much a fan of, I think I found the size of it daunting and I found it a hard slog to read it.

What other books should I read? I was looking at The Institute in Tesco the other day and I think I’ll give that a read at some point.

The institute isn't bad at all! Also the Outsider and Salem's lot :smile:
If you liked The Shining, then I recommend reading the sequel, Doctor Sleep next. So good.
'The Green Mile' and 'It'. They are at least the only books I am interest in reading.
Carrie is a classic :smile:
whats the best stephen king book in your opinion? (open to anyone btw) ive recently been thinking about getting into him
Reply 6
My fave is From a Buick 8

Quick Reply

Latest