The Student Room Group

What Stephen King books should I read?

I have just finished reading The Shining and now I want to know what to read next. I’ve read 11/22/63 which I would class as one of if not the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve also read Billy Summers, Misery and Mr Mercedes and liked them all. I also read The Stand which I wasn’t as much a fan of, I think I found the size of it daunting and I found it a hard slog to read it.

What other books should I read? I was looking at The Institute in Tesco the other day and I think I’ll give that a read at some point.
Original post by MikePL
I have just finished reading The Shining and now I want to know what to read next. I’ve read 11/22/63 which I would class as one of if not the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve also read Billy Summers, Misery and Mr Mercedes and liked them all. I also read The Stand which I wasn’t as much a fan of, I think I found the size of it daunting and I found it a hard slog to read it.

What other books should I read? I was looking at The Institute in Tesco the other day and I think I’ll give that a read at some point.

The institute isn't bad at all! Also the Outsider and Salem's lot :smile:
If you liked The Shining, then I recommend reading the sequel, Doctor Sleep next. So good.
'The Green Mile' and 'It'. They are at least the only books I am interest in reading.
Carrie is a classic :smile:
whats the best stephen king book in your opinion? (open to anyone btw) ive recently been thinking about getting into him
Reply 6
My fave is From a Buick 8
Reply 7
Original post by heartz4moushi
whats the best stephen king book in your opinion? (open to anyone btw) ive recently been thinking about getting into him
In my opinion the best is 11/22/63. I’ve also recently finished the Mr Mercedes trilogy, Salem’s Lot, The Institute and Duma Key which were all good.

I’ll be starting Needful Things soon.
Funnily enough, I just said in another thread that The Green Mile is the best book I've read so far this year, and I mean it. Easy recommendation from me.
Reply 9
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Funnily enough, I just said in another thread that The Green Mile is the best book I've read so far this year, and I mean it. Easy recommendation from me.

I think The Green Mile will be the next Stephen King book I read. I recently finished Needful Things and loved it, it's now my second favourite King book after 11/22/63. I have also read The Gunslinger as I wanted to get into the Dark Tower series but I found it a bit dull, I have heard however that the second and third books in the Dark Tower series are great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending