The Student Room Group

Lush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ah okay- thanks! I'll give it a go.
Reply 81
I won't get into a hunting debate, I'm actually not pro-hunting. But I am certainly against the HSA using violent tactics against other animals to protest, HSA members have been arrested for this in the past, and I don't think a company like Lush should be supporting that.
Original post by hannahhaworth
hahaha I do that too. it's dangerous; I need to ban myself from the website.
Also, Dexter/Michael C Hall :sexface: now that is someone I wouldn't mind taking a bath with... :sogood:

Its addictive isn't it? its so not healthy for my wallet haha omg Dexter is just sooooo :sexface: have you seen the last season with ddk? Cannot actually believe the last episode!

Original post by Lyde
We always wanted them to bring out a comforter fragrance with the other gorilla perfumes. E-mail them loads because the more people ask for things/new products the more likely they are to develop them :smile:

ooo they actually do that? the comfortor in a lip scrub/balm would be sooo :coma:
My boyfriend bought me a pot of Sweetie Pie bath jelly for christmas... simply so I would stop stealing his.
EVERY TIME I pass a Lush store I am drawn in by that magical smell and ALWAYS go in.

Always.
Reply 85
Original post by peach.plum.pear
Its addictive isn't it? its so not healthy for my wallet haha omg Dexter is just sooooo :sexface: have you seen the last season with ddk? Cannot actually believe the last episode!

ooo they actually do that? the comfortor in a lip scrub/balm would be sooo :coma:

Oh yeah definately, they would take more notice if customers e-mailed in with suggestions than staff tbh!
Reply 86
With the Lush campaigns, every store has to participate with the window displays and telling customers about what the campaign entails etc., but it also depends very much on the manager of the store as to how far this goes. My former manager was very into animal rights, and veganism, which could make it awkward as some members of staff were hardcore meateaters!

I did my job insofar as telling customers about a particular campaign and if a certain product was linked to it, but whether or not they signed a petition or took it any further was up to them. The campaigns were not why I worked at Lush, it was the products. I'm involved in charity work for the blind and partially sighted(through my youngest son) but would never push this onto a stranger. Likewise I would never assume that because someone shops at Lush, they also want to be involved in the campaigning side of the company, because even as a member of staff-I wasn't.
Reply 87
Original post by cberry
Ah okay- thanks! I'll give it a go.

The purple in Daddyo also helps to neutralise yellow tones (purple being the opposite in the colour spectrum to yellow) to stop blonde hair looking brassy. When I had very bleached white hair, it was a lifesaver.

Another member of staff used to wash his white ferrets with it (this is not a euphemism) to keep their fur bright, I was like this when he told me :eek:
Reply 88
That's fine as your personal opinion as an individual, but should a well-known high street company such as Lush be supporting and giving money to an association that has used such tactics? In my opinion, if someone really cares about animals, they wouldn't be throwing things to hurt hounds and horses, which as the sabs seem to forget, are animals too. I read that Lush actually had no idea about the HSA's past tactics, which leads me to believe they should do some more research before launching a £50,000 campaign. Needless to say, I didn't buy the bubble bar. The whole thing lost them some customers and I'm not as mad about them as I was. I'll say no more on it.
The staff in there are so creepy.
Reply 90
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
The staff in there are so creepy.

Some of the staff certainly could be viewed that way...like anywhere. I can assure you I'm quite well balanced! I don't work there anymore however :wink:
What would you say is Lush's best body lotion? I'm thinking of purchasing Dream Cream but I'm not quite sure if it's the best in terms of being really moisturising and keeping the skin soft for a long time. :colondollar:
My bf bought me the Lush Legends collection for xmas. It's got so much stuff, I dunno where to start lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Ladipidoo
What would you say is Lush's best body lotion? I'm thinking of purchasing Dream Cream but I'm not quite sure if it's the best in terms of being really moisturising and keeping the skin soft for a long time. :colondollar:

I'll pretty much echo what there's too much love says...

Dream Cream is what I used on my children from birth, it does keep your skin very, very soft. It also has a small amount of tea tree to prevent infection in open sores (which is why it's good for 'wet' dry skin like nappy rash). It's fantastic for eczema, psoriasis, burns, newly inked tattoos etc.

My youngest son had the worst damn eczema when he was born, he would claw at his face :s-smilie: I mixed in a small amount of ultrabalm (Lush's version of a well known petroleum jelly) with the Dream Cream and it was fantastic.

Ultrabland is marketed as a cleansing product, but can also be used to moisturise if left on the skin, again this mixed in with Dream Cream would give it a boost for excessively dry skin. One customer told me she used it on her nose and cheeks when skiing to prevent chapped skin.

Sympathy for the Skin is a banana and almond oil based body lotion, so make sure you like the smell before slathering it all over yourself! I've got to recommend Creme Anglaise lotion, it smells fantastic but at £26.25 a pot I can't afford it now I don't get my 50% staff discount! :frown:
Reply 94
Original post by iscreamforicecream
My bf bought me the Lush Legends collection for xmas. It's got so much stuff, I dunno where to start lol.

Lush Legends! You lucky sod! :smile:
Reply 95
Fair enough, here's a reply.

I do not believe that Lush should support an association that does ANY sort of harm to animals no matter what the amount. Lush shouldn't even be endorsing "moderate violence" in my opinion!

You are obviously a Lush employee whereas I am a draghunt supporter, we're both biased so are going to have to agree to disagree here.
Reply 96
CA is really moisturising and it has the same fragrance as the Glorious Mud body mask...kind of like a saffron/vanilla/almond mashup, sounds revolting but I loved it! The saffron bumps the price up.

Floating Island is OK for dry skin, but it has sodium bicarb in it (even though its classed as a melt rather than ballistic or bubble bar) to make the creamy foam on top of the bathwater. This can irritate some dry skin.

I used to rec dreamtime instead, another melt, but with a lavender oil (good for healing), cocoa butter and almond oil base instead. That is fantastic for very dry skin, especially eczema. Butterball is a good bath ballistic for someone who wants the fizz in their bath as it has chunks of cocoa butter which melt as it fizzes, and moisturises the most out of the ballistic range.

Ceridwen's Cauldron is another fantastic melt for the driest skins, its wrapped in a muslin cloth and contains cocoa butter and oats. When warm water and the oats mix, it makes oat milk which is extremely gentle and very moisturising.
Hmm...I've never got the Lush hype to be honest! The smell of it is so overpowering and makes me feel a bit sick when I go in there. I don't think most of the soaps smell that nice either. I've never tried any of the skin/hair products though so maybe I'm missing out!
ok, thanks for the advice :smile: i seldom take baths, usually just shower so i doubt it would be a big problem for me, but i shall have to try it out!
Reply 99
I bought their bath bomb thingy in the shape of a flower and it was amazing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest