The Student Room Group

Accomodation health

So, I recently got Freshers flu. However, I recently noticed that since my flat and the flat next to mine (I'm in flat Cband the flat next to me is flat B) smelt of weed as people were smoking inside, I've been coughing. Started off with me thinking "oh it's Freshers flu" however, now I'm noticing I'm better outside my flat. I also vape but that doesn't trigger my coughs. Seems to be only inside my flat and for a moment of being outside.

I thought I'd ask this question here before I decide to make an appointment to see a doctor. I know I have allergies to deep heat and deep freeze, however I don't think anyone uses those and inside my flat if I spray anything like deodorant it triggers major coughing fits. But, like I said outside, a few coughing fits later and I'm okay. So, I'm just wondering what it could be.

Edit: I'm the only one in my flat who seems to be struggling with this. My flatmate thinks it may be asthma as I have a history of it. However, I haven't had symptoms for a while and have since been undiagnosed
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Kai_2023
So, I recently got Freshers flu. However, I recently noticed that since my flat and the flat next to mine (I'm in flat Cband the flat next to me is flat B) smelt of weed as people were smoking inside, I've been coughing. Started off with me thinking "oh it's Freshers flu" however, now I'm noticing I'm better outside my flat. I also vape but that doesn't trigger my coughs. Seems to be only inside my flat and for a moment of being outside.

I thought I'd ask this question here before I decide to make an appointment to see a doctor. I know I have allergies to deep heat and deep freeze, however I don't think anyone uses those and inside my flat if I spray anything like deodorant it triggers major coughing fits. But, like I said outside, a few coughing fits later and I'm okay. So, I'm just wondering what it could be.

Edit: I'm the only one in my flat who seems to be struggling with this. My flatmate thinks it may be asthma as I have a history of it. However, I haven't had symptoms for a while and have since been undiagnosed

It sounds very much like asthma which may have laid doormant in yoyr body. They say it can sometimes run in 7 year cycles. (you cant be undiagnosed)
Mine lay doormant for many many years, then all of a sudden i couldnt breath and struggled for the past 9 or 10 years now.

Stay away from areosols, i use roll on deoderant and a body mist spray as areosols and strong scents set me off like washing powder, walking through boots, lush ect.

Quick Reply

Latest