The Student Room Group

natural remedies

Hi,
I was wondering whether anyone knew any remedies on how to stop a receding hairline and grow hair back? I have wavy/curly hair but it's quite poofy (probably because i don't use a wavy/curly hair routine and conditioner as my family doesn't really like the use of too much chemicals on hair as apparently it can damage hair over time). Does anyone have any tips maybe a natural hair growth stimulator or natural conditioner that I could make/use. Also does anyone know any ways to get rid of acne naturally as well such as comedones etc? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Are you male or female?

Diet good (take a supplement)? Parents both have thick hair? Do you tie your hair back tightly?
Reply 2
Folling a curly routine i use less products, and the product i use are better for you. The curly routine promotes healthy hair and hair growth. Also getting a scalp massager can help promote growth.

Following the curly routine has also helped my acne as im not using harsh chemicles on my face anymore.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are you male or female?

Diet good (take a supplement)? Parents both have thick hair? Do you tie your hair back tightly?

hi, i'm female. I have a fairly good diet i think I drink around 2l of water everyday and take vitamins in the morning and try to eat some fruit every day as well. I don't really tie my hair back that tightly I think, just occasionally when doing a bun but normally have my hair half up half down or in two twists/plaits.
Reply 4
Original post by PonchoKid
Folling a curly routine i use less products, and the product i use are better for you. The curly routine promotes healthy hair and hair growth. Also getting a scalp massager can help promote growth.

Following the curly routine has also helped my acne as im not using harsh chemicles on my face anymore.

do you mind sharing which products you use and how regularly?
Reply 5
hi, i'm female. I have a fairly good diet i think I drink around 2l of water everyday and take vitamins in the morning and try to eat some fruit every day as well. I don't really tie my hair back that tightly I think, just occasionally when doing a bun but normally have my hair half up half down or in two twists/plaits.

My parents had really thick hair at my age - (I'm a teen)
Reply 6
do you mind sharing which products you use and how regularly?

For washing my hair i use albrto balsm tea tree conditioner (you use a lot so dont want an rxprnsive one) then to leave in i use body shop shea conditioner to leave in as my haor dye dries my hair.

Then for face wash i use lush sea salt scrub (not sure ehat its called) and body shob CBD moisturiser.

Basically i stay away from sulphates and silicones
Reply 7
Are you on medication e.g. the contraceptive pill?

If you're female, then Regaine (minoxidil) is very effective, as apparently is massaging castor oil into your scalp... You might also want to have a blood test at the Dr to eliminate any obvious other causes e.g. PCOS or other hormone imbalances.

Have a look at Caroline Hirons' stuff too.
Reply 8
Are you on medication e.g. the contraceptive pill?

If you're female, then Regaine (minoxidil) is very effective, as apparently is massaging castor oil into your scalp... You might also want to have a blood test at the Dr to eliminate any obvious other causes e.g. PCOS or other hormone imbalances.

Have a look at Caroline Hirons' stuff too.

no, i'm not on any medications. thank you i'll have a look

Quick Reply

Latest