The Student Room Group

How many classes per week?

Hello all,

I will be studying in England in the fall, and was wondering how times you have the same class per week. In the US, we have classes that run on Mon. Wed. and Fri. and others that go Tues. and Thurs. Is it similar in the UK?
Reply 1
There is no typical timetable, it will vary quite a lot by course and by university. I have Maths and Chemistry lectures Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Physics and Materials on Monday, Wednesday Friday, with practicals and supervisions interspersed throughout the week.
Reply 2
Original post by mg1340
Hello all,

I will be studying in England in the fall, and was wondering how times you have the same class per week. In the US, we have classes that run on Mon. Wed. and Fri. and others that go Tues. and Thurs. Is it similar in the UK?

the only thing thats universal accross UK unis is that wednesday afternoons are reserved for sport, other than that it differs depending on the course, university and year
Reply 3
Let's just say I have enough lectures that I feel like I'm not doing anything at all.
Reply 4
Original post by mg1340
Hello all,

Autumn. AUTUMN.
Reply 5
Depends on the course and university
Original post by Stratos
Let's just say I have enough lectures that I feel like I'm not doing anything at all.

Same.

I have 5 classes per week amounting to 5 hours. In 1st year, I had about 12 hours. 2nd year, I had about 9.

But I know people doing different courses who have many more classes per week - so it's course dependent/uni dependent.
Reply 7
Original post by Norton1
Autumn. AUTUMN.

So which one, Autumn or AUTUMN?
:h:
It really depends on your course and university. Some courses are intensive and require 9-5 days while others only have 8 hours contact time per week.

I'm studying a Psychology degree and have 10 hours contact time (lectures and seminars) and have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off.
Reply 9
It really depends on the university and the degree you are doing :smile: Personally when I studied molecular biology I had around 27 hours a week, spread across Mon-Fri. There is no general timetable nationwide though and it's up to the course organisers of each module usually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending