The Student Room Group

How many days level 3 course?

I have applied for access HE level 3 course in computing and it will last for one year, I would like to know how many days I will have to attend college?
Original post by Sufyl
I have applied for access HE level 3 course in computing and it will last for one year, I would like to know how many days I will have to attend college?

It depends on the specific course that you opt to do. We can't tell you specifically.
When I did my offline access course (in a different subject), we attended college for 5 days a week (although we could have done it in 1 day per week).

Access courses are designed to be intensive, so you would be expected to cover a lot in 1 year.

Online access courses allow for up to 18 months, but many people can complete them in 6 (which is a little challenging, but go them!)

I would ask the college to specify how many days you would need to attend college to get a clear idea of what you need to do.
Reply 2
I am currently enrolled in Access To HE: Computing and our classes take place twice a week, however they take up the whole day. Truth is though, most of your studies will have to be done independently as its simply impossible to learn everything just in those two days a week. I'm not sure if this applies to all HE to computing courses, but our program of studies got very challenging towards the end of the year where lots of assignments got cramped up, with little time to finish them up.

My one advice to you is that work on your studies since day one, if you feel more confident in particular and current area of your studies (meaning module that is being currently being covered in class), I would suggest going ahead and learn the next ones as it will make your life easier. All in all, I wish you luck and I hope you will enjoy Access course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending