The Student Room Group

If you had your time over again what would you have studied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I would still have done medicine, but I wish I'd done English Lit at AS instead of Psychology - on the day of choosing them I was really torn. I made the wrong decision haha. I ended up dropping Psychology because I was soo bad at it - I got a 0 in one of my answers, even though I spent ages on it, using my notes exactly. I still don't know what went wrong because the teacher was saying this is what you should have said 'I SAID THAT, I JUST PHRASED IT DIFFERENTLY'

But yeah, I wish I'd at least kept an essay subject. Dropping Psychology was definitely a good decision though - I was only spending time on that even though I had other exams.
I would have wanted to have done straight astrophysics :love:
Not a massive change, but knowing what I know now, I would have gone for Italian and German rather than German, French, Italian, because I never thought I'd enjoy Italian as much as I do, and dislike French as much as I do at uni :h:
I would have quite liked to study, philosophy at A level and at uni, seems like a good subject but ah well i do that in my spare time so no real regret there :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by boromir9111
I would have quite liked to study, philosophy at A level, seems like a good subject but ah well i do that in my spare time so no real regret there :biggrin:

Hmm yes quite.
Original post by dknt
Hmm yes quite.

PRSOM :colone:
Reply 26
I have applied for Law this year and already have some offers but a part of me wishes I'd applied for French & Italian... I would have perhaps had a better chance at Oxford if I had :redface:
Reply 27
i have a degree in psychology but i wish i'd studied veterinary medicine...
Reply 28
I wouldn't have done German. I would have done Chemistry. I never enjoyed German and it required so much work in order to get the same grade as my other subjects.

But I still would have taken a gap year, even though mine was forced due to poor grades. Working and living for a year really helped me mature and I was no-where near ready for uni at 18.
I would do Theoretical Physics. I did Chemistry because I thought it would lead to better career prospects - I still can't find a job - so I might as well have done a subject I have a real passion for.
Reply 30
I would have studied sciences at A-Level and gone onto VetMed.

This would obviously hinge on me being good at science, which I'm not.

Ah, well, I'm still happy with where I've ended up.
I would of studied Maths at A level. I regret taking English lang
I would probably have done the FP3 module at A-level and just applied for physics rather than maths and physics - I've changed now but I feel like I wasted the first 7 weeks of uni struggling with the maths rather than just doing the bits I loved right off the bat!
I would have studied English or trained in fine art. At the time I convinced myself that art wasn't a worthy profession but as I grow older the incredible benefits if you're talented are clear.
Reply 34
I'd have switched onto Management and Strategy.
Instead of doing straight History. I would of chosen History and International relations/Classics/ Anthropology
Reply 36
I think I'd still probably study English Lit, but I'd have liked to have studied a language at A-level, then combined it with English at degree level. My Uni said we could pick up another subject when we started, and I wish I'd had taken a Language instead of Philosophy now.

Or I'd have liked to have gone to another Uni that didn't make me pick up another subject, they only offered 4 modules for English Lit, and you need to take 8 over the 1st year.
If I was like Rudy in Misfits, I would permanently split into two people. I'd keep doing what I'm doing now, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, and apply for Pharmacy. The other me would have taken English, German and History (and Drama on the side) and applied for English Lit and German. I hope I've made a good choice, guess I'll find out when I start my course!! :biggrin:
Original post by ClevaClocks
I would of studied Maths at A level. I regret taking English lang

Lol.
Reply 39
I would have swapped Art for physics!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending