The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for CIE IGCSE

can anybody tell me the grade boundaries for an A or an A* in the 2011 exam for the following:
Geography
physics
biology
Chemistry
French (foreign language)
Business studies

thank you
Reply 1
it depends, but for my mocks biology and chemistry were 67% for an A and i think physics was a bit higher, around 75%
Reply 2
I've been trying to find these (without success), and in the process, somewhere I found a document saying the percentage of people who received each grade. So I'm not really being helpful in that a) I can't answer your exact question and b) I've forgotten most of them, but I can tell you that 44% of people who took foreign language French got A*, and that very few people taking business got A*.
Reply 3
I have been looking for past grade boundaries for the CIE Business IGCSE but I haven't found anything. At the moment, our teacher is marking out practice papers 90% as an A*, 80% A, 70% B ect, but obviously this equates to the UMS mark, not necessarily the raw mark. This seems quite harsh marking to me. Is this just CIE being harder than other exam boards?

Anyway, after our most recent mock exam in business, nobody got an A, not many people got Bs and somebody got a U, which is quite embarrassing considering our school is a grammar school. I wish they could just stick the past years boundaries up on their website like every other exam board so I know what I'm up against in the summer.
for my mock for biology igcse, teachers used 63 for B grade but I have been told that apparently they made it low so that we improve or something, i don't get it lol
I think it's over 80-something for A* though
Reply 6

on xtremepapers that is the minimum grade to get an A can anybody tell me what it actually was last year?? the paper 3's i have been doin ive only been able to get about 70% :/
Reply 7
Can someone help please. I got 78 in IGCSE Biology (0610) giving me a B. What mark is an A?
what are the grade boudndaries because i cannot seem to find them on the links above
no, it's not harsh, in fact it's the grading system in my school.

Quick Reply

Latest