The Student Room Group

If there was a Star Trek GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
The maths one?Have you worked out the answer yet? The paper is 50% of the GCSE by the way and the rest is coursework:
Unit 2:The Portrayal of Antagonists and Special Effects in Star Trek(25%)(40 Marks)(3hr)
Unit 3:Roles,Responsibilities and Ethics(25%) (40 Marks)(3hr)
Both units are controlled assessment and should be answered like n English,with a PEEE essay and with case studies for evidence.

Quick question Chief Examiner, how did manage to muster together such awesomeness. I'm not even a Star Trek fan but if you made a Harry Potter GCSE I'd actually pay you. just to sit the exam. please.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Appeal to reason
Excellent! :rofl:

However, on the last page, the "do not write outside the box" in the bottom right is messed up.

That error is only on the PDF and not the original document and i don't know why:confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
:rofl2:

I don't know anything about Star Trek, but 10/10 for effort
Reply 23
grade boundaries anyone?
Original post by -Illmatic-
Quick question Chief Examiner, how did manage to muster together such awesomeness. I'm not even a Star Trek fan but if you made a Harry Potter GCSE I'd actually pay you. just to sit the exam. please.

Hell yeah. Please do this OP.
haha that's brilliant! :biggrin:
:eek4:
I'd probably fail it, since I hardly know anything about Star Trek, apart from a PS2 racing game I have that's based on it. I'd probably do alright in a Harry Potter or Pop Music GCSE though :biggrin:
Why not try looking at grade boundaries for AQA GCSE papers and using them as a guide? 10/10 for effort mate.
Reply 30
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Why not try looking at grade boundaries for AQA GCSE papers and using them as a guide? 10/10 for effort mate.

There are too many different subject areas assessed here and i don't know how hard the content is.
The Virginity is strong in this one
Reply 32
I was gonna rip on this guy but I can't see how spending 8 hours making a Star Trek exam paper is a worse waste of time than the 10 hours i just spent on Halo. The ridicule the OP has gotten on this thread is exactly what i used to get for spending time on niche hobbies when I was younger, yet the same people making fun of me for wasting my time on pointless crap were the ones who spent their lives watching reality TV, watching football matches or on xbox live. According to teenagers 8 hours on cod = cool, 8 hours being creative and coming up with that alternative spoof exam paper that has been floating in the back of your mind for a while = weird.
Harry Potter, please!
Reply 34
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Harry Potter, please!

How much free time do you think i have?
Reply 35
Please do Harry Potter! :biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
How much free time do you think i have?

...Enough to make a Star Trek GCSE? Therefore quite a bit. Therefore enough to make a Harry Potter one! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by PrinceUpsb
...Enough to make a Star Trek GCSE? Therefore quite a bit. Therefore enough to make a Harry Potter one! :biggrin:

Star Trek is more interesting and curriculum based than Star Trek .
I'm astonished that someone would spend time making fake past papers.

But kudos to you. :smile:
The layout...Im dead :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest