The Student Room Group

Alton Towers Fast Pass

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Acetic
You can buy fast track tickets for individual rides in the park and so you can pick the ones you want to go on and check out the queue length before you part with any extra cash. Depending on the time of day, weather and popularity of the ride sometimes fast passes just aren't needed even for the big rides.

When have you been where the biggest rides haven't been busy? I think we're gonna get the fast pass so if we like a ride a lot and the queue isn't long, we can get on it, and if it's HUUGE we can jump in the fast pass queue (if that makes sense :colondollar:)
Reply 41
If a ride is just opening up again after a breakdown or a rain shower you can sometimes just walk on.
it all depends on when you leave & get there...

when i went with school last year, we got to AT at around 10 and half the rides hadn't even opened yet. But i got the other fast track for oblivion, air & nemesis ( was £10 at that point). We had to leave AT at like 3 which only gave me just enough time to go on those 3 rides and 13!

if your gonna spend a lot of the day there, then get that £45 ultimate pass, but if your not its gonna be a waste :/

oh, even with the fast track pass, i still had to wait a long time for air because of technical problems :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
it all depends on when you leave & get there...

when i went with school last year, we got to AT at around 10 and half the rides hadn't even opened yet. But i got the other fast track for oblivion, air & nemesis ( was £10 at that point). We had to leave AT at like 3 which only gave me just enough time to go on those 3 rides and 13!

if your gonna spend a lot of the day there, then get that £45 ultimate pass, but if your not its gonna be a waste :/

oh, even with the fast track pass, i still had to wait a long time for air because of technical problems :frown:

I think were gonna be there from 9:30-6 (that's when our coach leaves), so I think a £45 pass would be worth it? What do you think? :smile:
Original post by megara
I think were gonna be there from 9:30-6 (that's when our coach leaves), so I think a £45 pass would be worth it? What do you think? :smile:

i think with that long you would be good with that pass :smile:
but isn't it a lot of money with that pass & the ticket? and then food/drink/games ?
Original post by megara
I have read a lot that they're a good way to go but I'd really like to go on with my boyfriend! If we were there more often I would.:smile:

7/10 times I'd say I've managed to get on with someone I know! Single rider is really good for Nemesis especially! :smile:

Original post by noodles!
This. Most "successful" trip to Alton Towers was when my friend and I decided to use the single rider queues- so we didn't get to sit together sometimes but is totally worth it, do you really pay attention to your mates on the fast rides anyway?

Exactly what we said! A lot of the time we got lucky anyway!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Heavy-Metal-Lover
Single rider is really good for Nemesis especially! :smile:

I've got to agree with this.

A group of seven of us got on nemesis in three rides. We would have had to que up for hours otherwise.

Actually, there is quite a high chance that you'll get to sit next to eachother because another couple like you take up a row of four, and most people after that are 4+ so you may sit with them.

Six of my friends all got to sit next to one person out of our group of seven.

I was on my own ride, sitting next to some russian guy screaming russian words, probably swears actually. :gigg:
hey,
me and my mate are wanting to go to alton towers for my birthday this august but we need to book a day trip with a coach we dunno how but we'll figure that out. we also want to get a fast track ticket but if we get a fast track ticket does that mean we get to go on all the rides more than once or do we only get to go on them once e.g. we want the fast track for oblivion air and nemesis for £10 so do we only get to go on the rides once each? and is it worth the money picking them rides? :/
I've never used one but ivebeen to Alton towers and even if it saves me a bit of time waiting, I'd get one. The queues can get ridiculous and I'm not too fond of waiting for over an hour for a ride that will last about a minute. Plus, the park is really big and it takes ages to get from one ride to the other, which also reduces the time you'll spend on the rides, so I'd definitely get one and am going to when I go next.

Quick Reply

Latest