The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Accommodation :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
just applied here through clearing today. When do I get the 9 digit number to sign up for accommodation :/ or who do I ring ..only have 8 days to get accommodation sorted.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by shenava94
just applied here through clearing today. When do I get the 9 digit number to sign up for accommodation :/ or who do I ring ..only have 8 days to get accommodation sorted.

ME 2 they send it in my verbal confirmation email but its not working yet I think after they accept me on ucas itll work.
Reply 62
Original post by Akbar2k7
ME 2 they send it in my verbal confirmation email but its not working yet I think after they accept me on ucas itll work.

I just got my 9 digit number through email, I got put on ucas earlier today. Now I'm having issues with the website - can't make an account! stressful or what lol
Reply 63
I just got my 9 digit number through email, I got put on ucas earlier today. Now I'm having issues with the website - can't make an account! stressful or what lol

I have just added my choice to clearing they better accept that **** quick.
Reply 64
I have just added my choice to clearing they better accept that **** quick.

middle of tomorrow they will probably accept it. So where are you coming from? and what grades did you get in order to get here?
Reply 65
middle of tomorrow they will probably accept it. So where are you coming from? and what grades did you get in order to get here?

BBC(a bit of a flop oh well) coming from east london. you?
Reply 66
BBC(a bit of a flop oh well) coming from east london. you?

ABC, also a bit of a flop lol. Coming from wayyyy up north D: near Newcastle. Quite scared. My accommodation is sent now so just need to wait and see where I get allocated. Choice list: 1) Lakeside 2) Newbuild 7 bed 3) Newbuild 5 bed 4)Standard. Wonder when I will get to find out eh?
Reply 67
stafford ! floor 6! join the group for stafford https://www.facebook.com/groups/427713617275436/
Anyone know if you're allowed a bread maker?
Original post by Publik Emily
Anyone know if you're allowed a bread maker?

Think so but you'd have to get it tested.
Reply 70
How does the mail system work??? if someone posts something to you then were does it get sent to??
Reply 71
Original post by JakeE10
How does the mail system work??? if someone posts something to you then were does it get sent to??

Each flat has its own post box, you will be given a key to it when you collect your room card/key on your first day. If you have a parcel you will be given a slip in your postbox and you can collect it from the Lakeside reception.

Nice to see an IBMLer too :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by ryannn
Each flat has its own post box, you will be given a key to it when you collect your room card/key on your first day. If you have a parcel you will be given a slip in your postbox and you can collect it from the Lakeside reception.

Nice to see an IBMLer too :biggrin:

ah right that's good, thanks :smile:

And are you doing IBML too then?? :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by JakeE10
ah right that's good, thanks :smile:

And are you doing IBML too then?? :biggrin:

I do IBML French, just finished my first year. It's such a great course, hopefully you'll enjoy it :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by ryannn
I do IBML French, just finished my first year. It's such a great course, hopefully you'll enjoy it :smile:

ah nice one! Yeah I can't wait :-) Could you tell me what i should expect my weekly timetable to look like please?? Or is it different for everyone?
and how difficult did you find the first year of the course? :smile:

I'll definitely enjoy it :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by JakeE10
ah nice one! Yeah I can't wait :-) Could you tell me what i should expect my weekly timetable to look like please?? Or is it different for everyone?
and how difficult did you find the first year of the course? :smile:

I'll definitely enjoy it :smile:

You'll have 6 different modules each teaching period (2) and it can vary from 1 hour lecture/tutorial a week to 2/3 hours a week. I think I had around 15 hours a week, spread relatively equally over it. I'm not sure how it is this year but I can't see it being much different. There's quite a mixture of large lectures and small tutorials (IBML is quite small in comparison to some courses and even then you need to consider there's 3 different languages to it) so it's all different.

First year wasn't too bad, just keep on top of everything and you'll be fine. The best advice I can give is probably to pay more attention to Principles of Financial Accounting in TP1, I wish I had and I know a lot of people would say the same!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by ryannn
You'll have 6 different modules each teaching period (2) and it can vary from 1 hour lecture/tutorial a week to 2/3 hours a week. I think I had around 15 hours a week, spread relatively equally over it. I'm not sure how it is this year but I can't see it being much different. There's quite a mixture of large lectures and small tutorials (IBML is quite small in comparison to some courses and even then you need to consider there's 3 different languages to it) so it's all different.

First year wasn't too bad, just keep on top of everything and you'll be fine. The best advice I can give is probably to pay more attention to Principles of Financial Accounting in TP1, I wish I had and I know a lot of people would say the same!

Ahh sounds good! :smile: And how much did your french improve over the first year of the course?? and also, what makes you wish you'd paid more attention to principles of financial accounting? :-)
in terms of the language side of the course, is there also lots of the usual stuff like grammar and speaking practise involved?

Sorry for all the questions!! Can't wait tho, i hear ABS is a top business school!
Original post by JakeE10
Ahh sounds good! :smile: And how much did your french improve over the first year of the course?? and also, what makes you wish you'd paid more attention to principles of financial accounting? :-)
in terms of the language side of the course, is there also lots of the usual stuff like grammar and speaking practise involved?

Sorry for all the questions!! Can't wait tho, i hear ABS is a top business school!

Grammar wise yes (you should have a language skills module and they should still offer grammar clinics). Speaking I found was kind of left to the individual, it was up to you to participate. They did have a language assistant who offered sessions.
Reply 78
Original post by JakeE10

ABS is one of countrys top businesses schools, im just about to start my 2nd year, and couldnt recommend it highly enough.
Reply 79
Original post by AmanKD
Hey guys :-) I am coming to Birmingham i sep to study at aston uni as an exchange student for one semester. I've looked at several private student halls online, but unfortunately it isn't possible to stay there for just one semster. Does anyone know where a exchange student for one semester can live, where the place is like that? i really liked the fact the it was so close to Aston & that there was ensuite rooms as I prefer to have my own bathroom..

you could be able to find out various accomodation suites that are available during term time ie via email, facebook or societies. im just about to into my 2nd year and i found out that in the guild you can have access to various bits of info regarding accomodation.

Quick Reply

Latest