The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C2 MAY 18th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King of the Jungle
How could the y intercept be when y coordinate was 1 o r something

The x-coord was 1, the y-coord was 5, I think? I thought the same thing at first and then realised I was looking at x, not y. So the intercept definitely is 2.
Reply 441
guys yu know on the trapezium rule question... i realised i used the x-values as my mid y-values e.g for (2x(y2+y3+y4+y5...) would i get 0 marks out of 4 for this mistake?
i can't believe i did this, soo stupid!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 442
First one was a transformation of a(fx) so you times the y co-ord by 3.
The second one was of f(ax) so times the x co-ord by a scale factor of 1/4.

I think for the first the co-ord was 3,9.
The second was 1.5 or something
I thought I did fairly well in this exam, not going to go through this thread because it has a habit of depressing me lol!

Didn't have time to check my answers so hope I didn't make many mistakes! - I lost a few marks on the log question and only got 2/4 solutions for the 2sintheta one.

Hoping for around 90 % UMS if the grade boundaries play ball, I reckon an A could be around 53-58.
Reply 444
Original post by pixxie
It's not the end of the world! :smile:
There's quite a few things I did wrong, like the logs question, but the end of the day you can always resit if you want - and you'll have probably done better than you think anyway.
You get method marks for eeeeasy things, and you can still drop about 14 marks to get an A :O (dunno what you're hoping for but you know what I mean...)
plus the UMS marks change things.

Basically, it's not really worth stressing over :biggrin:

Aww thanks :smile: Well I was hoping for an A but I'm inevitably going to fail stats so I wanted c1 and c2 to make up for that. Onto the next one I guess!
Original post by ss2012
That's what I thought? And I sub'ed in both in the later q :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

It is. But the model doesnt give a fully accurate representation of the graph, so if you subbed x=0.2 into the model then it equals slightly less than 0.6 which is what it is supposed too.
Reply 446
guys yu know on the trapezium rule question... i realised i used the x-values as my mid y-values e.g for (2x(y2+y3+y4+y5...) would i get 0 marks out of 4 for this mistake?
For the sin equation, I stupidly put two of my solutions in degrees instead of radians, How many marks would I lose for this?

Also for part i of the last question, I had the two formulas but couldn't rearrange to get the answers, but got the answers using trial and improvement, How many marks would I lose for this?
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Also for part i of the last question, I had the two formulas but couldn't rearrange to get the answers, but got the answers using trial and improvement, How many marks would I lose for this?

I did this aswell!
Original post by Deceptively
The x-coord was 1, the y-coord was 5, I think? I thought the same thing at first and then realised I was looking at x, not y. So the intercept definitely is 2.

its good i put that down i was regretting so much but i did put 2 =) thanks for relieving me of that regret
Reply 450
Original post by WizKidd
Aww thanks :smile: Well I was hoping for an A but I'm inevitably going to fail stats so I wanted c1 and c2 to make up for that. Onto the next one I guess!

thats not the attitude :O & i bet you won't fail it :wink: good luck though :smile: x
I'm afraid so, from what I can tell... Since the 4 is inside the function, it's a stretch s.f. 1/4 in the x-direction - i.e. the x-coordinate changes but the y-coord doesn't, as the graph is "squashed" inwards but not "flattened". So it should be (3/2, 3) (is that what the y-coord was? I can't remember, but basically the y-coord remains as it was in the question).

Ahh well so i know I lost five marks (those two and the one at the end). I might have picked up a mark for working but i can't remember if I did anything there.

in all fairness I got a D in the mock so I'm glad I'm not thinking I didn't get half the paper now. here's hoping for 90%+ (for A* prediction!)
Reply 452
for the trapezium rule question... i realised i used the x-values as my mid y-values e.g for (2x(y2+y3+y4+y5...) would i get 0 marks out of 4 for this mistake? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sarah:))
for the trapezium rule question... i realised i used the x-values as my mid y-values e.g for (2x(y2+y3+y4+y5...) would i get 0 marks out of 4 for this mistake? :s-smilie:

No need to post this so many times, Sarah - once would do! :smile: I'm afraid it's unlikely you'd get any marks - past mark schemes for similar questions make no mention of awarding marks for an attempt at using the formula... quite annoying as it's probably a mistake several people have made... the only mention of awarding marks is M2 (out of M3+A1) for one slip or M1 for two slips. Sorry.
Reply 454
No need to post this so many times, Sarah - once would do! :smile: I'm afraid it's unlikely you'd get any marks - past mark schemes for similar questions make no mention of awarding marks for an attempt at using the formula... quite annoying as it's probably a mistake several people have made... the only mention of awarding marks is M2 (out of M3+A1) for one slip or M1 for two slips. Sorry.

thanks.. i just wanted a reply :smile: and i can't believe i made such a stupid mistake.. just hope i can still get an A :s-smilie:
Reply 455
What do people expect the grade boundaries will be for an A?
Reply 456
anyone has the jan 2012 stats 1 paper marking scheme? REALLY NEED IT!
Reply 457
anyone has the S1 2012 marking scheme?
Original post by thepastpaper
iv lost about 13 marks and still counting :/ that log questions i didnt have a clue :frown: and the last part of question 9 and 11. hopefully the grade boundaries are low.

june 09: 51
june 10: 49
june 11: 53
june 12: ?? what do you think... lets see how people have found it and work out an estimate later :smile:

52/72 for an A?
Reply 459
Original post by thepastpaper
52/72 for an A?

I would be so happy if the grade boundaries were this low:/

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending