The Student Room Group

Plans to build another Titanic?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Call me a dick but I think if that sank as well I would laugh
Reply 21
Do people still even have the skills to recreate what the Titanic was like? i mean if you take a look at a modern cruise liner its not exactly what theyd define as 'luxury' ... plus id like to see them get approval for calling it RMS, theres only about one or two of them left now :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by cl_steele
Do people still even have the skills to recreate what the Titanic was like? i mean if you take a look at a modern cruise liner its not exactly what theyd define as 'luxury' ... plus id like to see them get approval for calling it RMS, theres only about one or two of them left now :rolleyes:

Cruise liners aren't exactly luxury. It's like being on a cheap-ish holiday that you win from a newspaper.....with 100s of other families in the similar situation. The ship itself is like a destination, whereas on an ocean liner, you use it to get to your destination.

Ocean liners on the other hand are luxurious and therefore more expensive than your average cruise liner. Ocean liners are meant for sailing through the seas whether they are rough or smooth. This is also the reason why ocean liners have a higher freeboard than your typical cruise liners.

With the introduction of the aeroplane, ocean liners saw a decline in travel because aeroplanes were a lot cheaper and quicker to get to your destination.

The only ocean liners that I know of are the ones from the shipping company Cunard. This company was the rival to the company of Titanic and her sister ship back then (White Star line)
Cunard has 3 main oceans liners and all are luxurious :smile: But they can't beat the legendary Titanic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending