The Student Room Group

General Olympics Thread MKII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
It's been a decent Olympic this year. I really look forward to the Rio games
Original post by stefl14
I think and want Wiggins to win - he deserves it. If Murray wins the USO then Ennis won't be on the podium! I hope this happens as Ennis is no more deserving than any other gold medallist.

Hmm, but so does Farah. I don't have anything against Ennis, and given that the award is Sports Personality of the year...she and Wiggins are probably the two most deserving candidates of that particular award.

Original post by Drewski
You need to be given something, because you clearly don't have a life :wink:

The sour grapes of the runner-up. How unsporting. :tongue: :colonhash:

Indeed I did. :work: :colone:
Omg! Moe and Bolt doing each other's poses
So cool!!!
Ah, I thought that it'd be Spain. Anyone fancy an upset?

You just missed a medal. :teehee: :lol:
Original post by KingMessi
I can't wait for this - who are the USA playing? :cookie:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2067084

thanks :biggrin: Joint 63rd woooo ... you almost took up 1/10 of the thread :O have you left your computer at all over the past 2 weeks?
Reply 105
Mo Farah and Usain Bolt on the podium together. Legends.

Original post by JordanS94
thanks :biggrin: Joint 63rd woooo ... you almost took up 1/10 of the thread :O have you left your computer at all over the past 2 weeks?

Actually, yes. I've been to eight Olympic events and I'm off to the men's marathon tomorrow. :lol: :awesome: I just spend far too much of my time at home on here...:erm:
I believe so, yes. I'm going to miss watching Carmelo Anthony, the man is epic. His three-pointers. :coma:

Or how Kerri-Anne Payne felt in the swimming. Meh. You're leader in this one. :rant: :lol: :tongue:
Reply 108
Original post by Drewski
You need to be given something, because you clearly don't have a life :wink:

... 12,000 posts and counting :tongue:
Original post by eugenius 8
got the 10000th post in the old thread :king1: :proud: :p:

As a reward i shall give you rep!
Can't wait for Rio, I was wondering if anyone plans to go?
Reply 111
Original post by DH1'
Mo Farah and Usain Bolt on the podium together. Legends.

Best picture ever :biggrin:
Original post by lilabs

Thank you for saying it so I didn't have to. :ninja: :tongue:

Maybe Drewski deserves a Lifetime Achievement medal? :lol:
Yes, we still have two boxing finalists. Thirty golds are possible albeit difficult.

Original post by stefl14
Yeah. Should be at least one gold. I'm expecting Joshua to beat the Italian who is a little past his prime but still a very tough test. Hopefully 2 so we can get up to 30!

Cheers! I'm guessing no real Gold hopes tomorrow?
Reply 114
Just think if for some reason the judge didn't allow Tom to re-dive first time...
Reply 115
Original post by lilabs

Careful you....

Spoiler

Reply 116
Original post by Whostolemycookie
Can't wait for Rio, I was wondering if anyone plans to go?

Perhaps. I have serious plans for the winter Olympics in Russia though :biggrin:
The last thread begs to differ. :wink: :fight:
BOLT!!!! BLAKE!!!!! JAMAICA!!! SMASHED IT!!

:woo:
Reply 119
Hmm, but so does Farah. I don't have anything against Ennis, and given that the award is Sports Personality of the year...she and Wiggins are probably the two most deserving candidates of that particular award.

It's called sports personality but it's usually the best sportsperson who wins. If you look at the list of previous winners many of them are not exactly renowned for their personality. Besides, I don't understand why people think Ennis has a great personality that is better than everyone else's - she is just more well known. Mark my words - Murray will come ahead of Ennis if he wins the USO. If this happens it clearly shows that it isn't about personality as Murray doesn't have one!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest