The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 exam go today?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 1h 30m
Congratulations on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know anything to expect for this paper?
Original post by LemmeWork333
Anyone know anything to expect for this paper?

no clue whatsoever. what i do know is i have to bring it for this exam because paper 1 did not go as well as i wanted it to.
Reply 3
Paper 1 was decent, this paper is just the only one im worried about - plus timing, i managed to finish paper 1 last second, but it wasn't too good quality
Reply 4
paper 3 has to be ez right, u get answers in front of u plus field trip u physically experienced
Original post by AJSM
paper 3 has to be ez right, u get answers in front of u plus field trip u physically experienced

more or less yes, but i'd definitely do every single question for both papers in existance
does anyone know what the nine markers were last year? I think its unlikely to be those this year.
Anyone have any thoughts about what will come up on Friday?
Reply 8
for case studies in urban issues and challenges (im doing London and Lagos), how many challenges and opportunities do you know about? ive got like 5 opportunities and challenges for each but i dont think i can remember all of them. will 2-3 be ok?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Bksa
for case studies in urban issues and challenges (im doing London and Lagos), how many challenges and opportunities do you know about? ive got like 5 opportunities and challenges for each but i dont think i can remember all of them. will 2-3 be ok?

I mean my teacher always tell me its fine tbh. Way too hard to memorise 5
Reply 10
Biology way more important than this paper imo, gonna have to pray fro something easy tommorow
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 1h 30m

I’m praying for a transport question. I want to write about Crossrail and HS2!!!!
Reply 12
Original post by RaceFan1027
I’m praying for a transport question. I want to write about Crossrail and HS2!!!!

Hope not, not very good with north south divide lol
Reply 13
will section C have a 9 marker or is it just a 6 marker
Reply 14
Original post by Bksa
will section C have a 9 marker or is it just a 6 marker

Just a 6 marker - 2 to be exact
Probably too late now lol but oh well
(edited 10 months ago)
Hey everyone :smile: How did you find the exam?

GCSE Geography

Reply 16
Original post by AJSM
Paper 1 was decent, this paper is just the only one im worried about - plus timing, i managed to finish paper 1 last second, but it wasn't too good quality

Ignore my previous worries, this paper was way too easy.
Original post by Pwca

GCSE Geography

It was quite nice
Original post by AJSM
Ignore my previous worries, this paper was way too easy.
Reply 18
How did people find the 9+3 marker on the UK city?
We did Bristol, did people but social or economic opportunities as more important?
Original post by Jellyjo
How did people find the 9+3 marker on the UK city?
We did Bristol, did people but social or economic opportunities as more important?

I did Birmingham.

Talked about Ramadan and the hippodrome and how both create social AND economic opportunities. At the end i says the economic opportunities of urban change in Birmingham were more signifcant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending