Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm in Kingston bridge house studying adult nursing

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by LisaDR
why did you go for summer school? what do they do?
what's the kitchen like?

It was litterally just to meet people and learn about what to expect from uni and ask questions if you had any. Just find out information and prepare really :smile:
It was only if you're on the compact scheme - which is some kind of scholarship programme i think

The kitchens are tiny, smaller than the bedrooms. But you only share with 3 other people and we had around 10 in there so it's not extremely awful... You literally have work surfaces either side and a walk way down the middle. Then a little circle table in the back corner... but there's no room for chairs when you're cooking so they were stacked up. and each person has their own cupboard which apparently lock [but i didn't check this out] and you share a fridge, so i think i may get a little fridge for my room too, because 1 shelf per person isn't enough for beers, salad, milk, juice and food...
Reply 22
Original post by RachelSophia
It was litterally just to meet people and learn about what to expect from uni and ask questions if you had any. Just find out information and prepare really :smile:
It was only if you're on the compact scheme - which is some kind of scholarship programme i think

The kitchens are tiny, smaller than the bedrooms. But you only share with 3 other people and we had around 10 in there so it's not extremely awful... You literally have work surfaces either side and a walk way down the middle. Then a little circle table in the back corner... but there's no room for chairs when you're cooking so they were stacked up. and each person has their own cupboard which apparently lock [but i didn't check this out] and you share a fridge, so i think i may get a little fridge for my room too, because 1 shelf per person isn't enough for beers, salad, milk, juice and food...

oh right, thank you :smile: very helpful
Reply 23
I'm CL-45C4, anyone nearby? It's getting close now :biggrin:
Reply 24
I am in CL - 02C2 :smile:
Reply 25
CL-08C4 anyone on the same block..
I don't get the a b c things lol :confused:

Just out of interest, as i am on the compact scheme but didn't go to the head start thing, do you know yet if you are getting a scholarship? I have heard nothing since applying.
Original post by AmeliaB

I am just opposite :smile:
Original post by eldudebrothers
Just out of interest, as i am on the compact scheme but didn't go to the head start thing, do you know yet if you are getting a scholarship? I have heard nothing since applying.

well i was told we'd know by now. i emailed the finance people and apparently they are taking longer to make decisions and we will ''find out as soon as possible''
not much help... but my accommodation choice is dependent on this scholarship
Original post by nabeelt1
CL-08C4 anyone on the same block..
I don't get the a b c things lol :confused:

they are the floors xD like
A = ground
B = 1st
C = 3rd
The last numbers are your rooms on that floor
the first number is your block/flat
well i was told we'd know by now. i emailed the finance people and apparently they are taking longer to make decisions and we will ''find out as soon as possible''
not much help... but my accommodation choice is dependent on this scholarship

Ah ok, that gives me some hope i might still get a scholarship. Good luck with yours :smile:
Original post by eldudebrothers
Ah ok, that gives me some hope i might still get a scholarship. Good luck with yours :smile:

thanks you too :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by AmeliaB

I'm CL-42A4 that sounds nearby i think :/
Original post by Riyan17
I'm CL-42A4 that sounds nearby i think :/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/395981177109661/420264871347958/?notif_t=group_activity
Your room mates are on there!
ah this is getting exciting now haha
Reply 34
https://www.facebook.com/groups/395981177109661/420264871347958/?notif_t=group_activity
Your room mates are on there!
ah this is getting exciting now haha

ahh fantastic cannot wait!! :biggrin: you found anyone in the same block as you ?
Original post by Riyan17
ahh fantastic cannot wait!! :biggrin: you found anyone in the same block as you ?

yeah i found 2 last night :smile: finally, but no room mates yet!
Reply 36
CL-30C1 - where is that in relation to... everything? o.o
Original post by CJKay
CL-30C1 - where is that in relation to... everything? o.o

you're right on the top floor and next to reception
No parties for you haha xD
Reply 38
you're right on the top floor and next to reception
No parties for you haha xD

O lawd. *facepalm*
I'm at room CL-11C3, and I have absolutely no idea were that's situated haha. Its getting pretty close to the moving in date now!

Add me on facebook, it'll be nice to get to know the people who will be living in the same building as me for the next year :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/reece.cooper.39

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending