The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Seething Wells Accommodation at Kingston University

I chose Seething Wells to live at for my first year at Kingston University. Hearing that it was newly refurbished instantly made me want to live there, and the fact that we get our own bathroom! I loved online that the rooms looked so modern and had lots of storage. There are a variety of 7 rooms available with 886 rooms available in total. It is a great community to meet lots of new people, especially in your flat where you share your kitchen. There is also a new common room and basketball court which are just being built so I haven’t been able to use them but I am sure they will be another area to meet new friends. On-site, there are 2 areas to do your washing, as of now. We have recently just got new circuit laundry machines which you can use via an app. I had never heard about Seething Wells before I joined, but I am so happy I picked it. It is mainly a mixture of Penrhyn and Knights Park campus students and mostly has first years so you will all be in the same boat when moving in. Prices to live here range from £120 a week to £231 a week. I currently live in a budget en-suite room which I personally find is a perfect size and has more than enough storage and a single bed is fine for me as it really isn’t small. To find out more on the facilities, just use this link: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/seething-wells-hall/

The Kingston bus is an amazing feature of our university. The ‘KU1’ goes from Seething Wells to Penrhyn in 5 minutes. The stops after Penrhyn include central Kingston, Kingston Hill campus and Roehampton campus which also includes a stop at the huge Roehampton ASDA for a food shop. Having these buses work every weekday is perfect to get you to and from Uni, even if you are at Knights Park it is a quick 8 min walk from Penrhyn to class. These buses run around 4 every hour and are very reliable. You can always use the Kingston app which offers you a quick access bus timetable, tracking system and live updates from bus operators on any issues causing delays. Seething Wells is one of the main locations for the bus and is used largely by all students living here. The ‘KU3’ then takes over at night up until 11 for a bus every hour if you wanted to use the library or go into town. This bus goes to every single KU Bus stop.

Surbiton is a perfect location to live. I had never visited here before but it has been amazing to live here and I am sad to go. It is a quick 25 min walk into Kingston along the beautiful river which looks its nicest at sunset. It is also a 25 min walk from Penrhyn if you didn’t want to get the bus. In Surbiton, there are a variety of supermarkets. Sainsbury’s is the closest with a 10 min walk. There is also an M&S, Waitrose and many other shops like Poundland, Boots, Pret, Greggs, Mc Donald’s and KFC. There are also a variety of restaurants and pubs. I go to the ‘black lion’ for Tuesday night pub quiz and Wetherspoon’s on the weekend. An extra reason to live here is the train station which is a 15 min walk along the parade of shops and can get you to Waterloo station in 19 mins. The station also has regular trains compared to Kingston station.

I have had a great first year at Seething Wells and can’t recommend it more! If you are joining, I hope this helps you decide on accommodation. If you have any questions about Seething or other accommodation please let me know!

Yasmin (BA Design Marketing)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, have all the buildings been completed now? Common room, incubator space, cafe etc
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by MarthaTay
Hi, have all the buildings been completed now? Common room, incubator space, cafe etc

Hi!

I just saw your discussion on our forum so have hopefully answered your questions over there!

Yasmin :smile:
Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for your response.

Is there a cafe in the new reception area? Just wondering if you can get food and drinks on site other than just self catering. Also, are the other buildings - coal store and the building opposite the new common room renovated and open now?

Events sound great, looking forward to starting in September.
Original post by MarthaTay
Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for your response.

Is there a cafe in the new reception area? Just wondering if you can get food and drinks on site other than just self catering. Also, are the other buildings - coal store and the building opposite the new common room renovated and open now?

Events sound great, looking forward to starting in September.

Hi!

So the cafe isn't open yet but I think it will be by September as the renovations are speeding along. At the moment the only way to get food and drinks are from vending machines or the shops on Surbiton high street just a 5 min walk away. One common room (Lambeth) is open for use now but the other one is still being renovated but nearly finished.

So happy you are looking forward to starting! I have loved staying at Seething so much even without the new common room and everything.
Anymore questions then just let me know!

Yasmin :smile:
Reply 5
Hi there, I'm trying to book a standard ensuite room at Seething wells. In the map display of the floor, there are 5 smaller rooms and 1 slightly bigger one, would you know how I can specifically select the bigger room? like which room number or letter?
Original post by Kingston Reps
I chose Seething Wells to live at for my first year at Kingston University. Hearing that it was newly refurbished instantly made me want to live there, and the fact that we get our own bathroom! I loved online that the rooms looked so modern and had lots of storage. There are a variety of 7 rooms available with 886 rooms available in total. It is a great community to meet lots of new people, especially in your flat where you share your kitchen. There is also a new common room and basketball court which are just being built so I haven’t been able to use them but I am sure they will be another area to meet new friends. On-site, there are 2 areas to do your washing, as of now. We have recently just got new circuit laundry machines which you can use via an app. I had never heard about Seething Wells before I joined, but I am so happy I picked it. It is mainly a mixture of Penrhyn and Knights Park campus students and mostly has first years so you will all be in the same boat when moving in. Prices to live here range from £120 a week to £231 a week. I currently live in a budget en-suite room which I personally find is a perfect size and has more than enough storage and a single bed is fine for me as it really isn’t small. To find out more on the facilities, just use this link: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/seething-wells-hall/

The Kingston bus is an amazing feature of our university. The ‘KU1’ goes from Seething Wells to Penrhyn in 5 minutes. The stops after Penrhyn include central Kingston, Kingston Hill campus and Roehampton campus which also includes a stop at the huge Roehampton ASDA for a food shop. Having these buses work every weekday is perfect to get you to and from Uni, even if you are at Knights Park it is a quick 8 min walk from Penrhyn to class. These buses run around 4 every hour and are very reliable. You can always use the Kingston app which offers you a quick access bus timetable, tracking system and live updates from bus operators on any issues causing delays. Seething Wells is one of the main locations for the bus and is used largely by all students living here. The ‘KU3’ then takes over at night up until 11 for a bus every hour if you wanted to use the library or go into town. This bus goes to every single KU Bus stop.

Surbiton is a perfect location to live. I had never visited here before but it has been amazing to live here and I am sad to go. It is a quick 25 min walk into Kingston along the beautiful river which looks its nicest at sunset. It is also a 25 min walk from Penrhyn if you didn’t want to get the bus. In Surbiton, there are a variety of supermarkets. Sainsbury’s is the closest with a 10 min walk. There is also an M&S, Waitrose and many other shops like Poundland, Boots, Pret, Greggs, Mc Donald’s and KFC. There are also a variety of restaurants and pubs. I go to the ‘black lion’ for Tuesday night pub quiz and Wetherspoon’s on the weekend. An extra reason to live here is the train station which is a 15 min walk along the parade of shops and can get you to Waterloo station in 19 mins. The station also has regular trains compared to Kingston station.

I have had a great first year at Seething Wells and can’t recommend it more! If you are joining, I hope this helps you decide on accommodation. If you have any questions about Seething or other accommodation please let me know!

Hi,, what’s move in day like at Seething Wells?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,, what’s move in day like at Seething Wells?

Hello!

Move-in day tends to look different for every student, whether you're home or international - however, the first thing you should do upon arrival is head to reception and talk to the staff there. They'll give you guidance on where exactly your room/flat is, and go over the basic rules of the halls. Once that's done, you're free to start settling in and bringing any stuff up to your room - however make sure to complete your bedroom and kitchen inventory within 48 hours of moving in!

(Also, you should ideally arrive before 6pm on move-in day - but if you need to arrive later, make sure to notify either the Hall Reception or the Kingston University Accommodation Team in advance!)

I'm including two articles from the Kingston University website about moving in to give you a bit more insight as well:

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/moving-in/

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/halls-licence-and-student-halls-guide/#blockid19667

Hope this was helpful! :smile:

- Eve (Kingston Rep).
Reply 8
Hello yasmin,
I am international student,also I chose Seething Wells to live at for
my first year at Kingston
University and i booked premium en suite room and i heart it was
newly refurbished instantly . But how can we find the new pictures
of our room ? And can we have more details about the size of the
room, toilets , which floor and other details ...?
And how can we book online virtuel to see our Accomodation ?

Thank you in advance for your help and support
Highly appreciate

ZEIN
Reply 9

Hi Yasmin, do you know if you can stay in Seething Wells for your second year?

Hi Yasmin, do you know if you can stay in Seething Wells for your second year? I left it late & the only room available was in Clayhill. I've been here for 4 weeks but wish I'd got a place at Seething
Original post by LeeC121
Hi Yasmin, do you know if you can stay in Seething Wells for your second year?

Hi @LeeC121 and Anonymous #2!

Whilst it should be possible to stay at Seething Wells in your second year, it does heavily depend on current availability, as most places in our halls of residence fill up before the term kicks off. I'd advise contacting the Seething Wells accommodation team to find out if there is any places available - their email is [email protected].

- Eve (Kingston Rep.)

Hello everyone!

If you are considering Kingston University as a choice for 2024, then please have a read of the blog on one of our top student accommodations for the University. Found in Surbiton, a short walk or free bus journey away from Kingston, it is the perfect home after moving out.

Please leave any questions below for me to reply to if you need any help!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
How are the budget en suites? Are they really THAT small?
Reply 14
Original post by Leilawarr1
Hi, I am currently staying in one of the budget en-suites - they are not THAT small haha! There is a single bed, and small lane going down the centre of my room, with a decent sized desk space, shelf space and wardrobe. I personally find it quite cosy lol, and I even managed to fit a mini fridge under my desk so it’s quite alright.
The only difference from the room the next size up is more floor space and a small double bed, but honestly it’s quite decent, and there is plenty of space to decorate for the most part - I suppose it depends on what course you’re doing whether you’d need the floor space or not, or whether you like inviting a lot of people round - I can comfortably have 4-5 friends round before it feels a little crowded!

Also, the en-suites are small for everyone irregardless of room size so that won’t really make a difference either! Hope this helps!

Message me if you need any more info! :smile:)
Reply 15
Original post by momo.ko
Hi, I am currently staying in one of the budget en-suites - they are not THAT small haha! There is a single bed, and small lane going down the centre of my room, with a decent sized desk space, shelf space and wardrobe. I personally find it quite cosy lol, and I even managed to fit a mini fridge under my desk so it’s quite alright.
The only difference from the room the next size up is more floor space and a small double bed, but honestly it’s quite decent, and there is plenty of space to decorate for the most part - I suppose it depends on what course you’re doing whether you’d need the floor space or not, or whether you like inviting a lot of people round - I can comfortably have 4-5 friends round before it feels a little crowded!
Also, the en-suites are small for everyone irregardless of room size so that won’t really make a difference either! Hope this helps!
Message me if you need any more info! :smile:)
Hi! I can't message but can I ask you what the Kingston social life is like compared to other unis? ty!!
Original post by sofimb
Hi! I can't message but can I ask you what the Kingston social life is like compared to other unis? ty!!
Hi @sofimb

I did a blog on the social life at Kingston that may help give you a bit more insight Social Life and Night Life at Kingston - The Student Room

Some of the differences I have noticed from another uni I have visited is that the student union bar's are smaller, but this probably because there is two, whereas other uni's normally have one SU bar. For me this is a positive as it is not as overcrowded and many people then go into Kingston after to the nightclubs, whereas I have found on campus' uni's the city centre can be a bit further out to then get to from the union, so many just stay at the union bar. And of course other universities don't have the opportunity to go on nights out in London and there is so much going on there. I think the differences are mainly just the common differences between any campus uni and a city uni. It just depends what you are looking for.

Hope this helps:smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Reply 17
Original post by sofimb
Yea like the rep said - it depends on what you’re looking for - there is only one main club and 2/3 pubs that people go to down here, so if that’s more you’re thing then you might have to travel out further into central, although it’s relatively easy to do considering where the uni is, although to be fair my year don’t seem to mind too much! If you live at Seething,, I’d say the social life is pretty good as it’s the biggest halls and so there will always be people out in the social spaces.

Although i must admit, there aren’t many societies that are heavily “active” ,, if ur into those then that would be good to meet people early on as well, although i don’t feel like there are many events (but that could change!) - there is a student union bar which holds stuff sometimes as well,, but it is a bit of trek from seething so I know a lot of people prefer to just go to Kingston Town Centre to chill for the most part.

That’s another thing as well - the town centre is decent but after a while you might find that there isn’t much to do with friends, so you might feel yourself travelling out a lot with people, but honestly it’s nice being so close to central without having to live in it, so it depends whether you don’t mind having to travel to find things to do or whether you’d like things to be nearby! Compared to other unis though,, it is a bit calmer haha,, but it honestly depends on the people you meet - even when there isn’t much to do people still seem to have a good time.
Freshers week was very social tho,, especially at seething,, I made most of my friends from then haha.

If you need any more info,, let me know :smile:)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Leilawarr1
Hi @Leilawarr1

Last year I was at Seething Wells and staying in a budget en suite room. I really enjoyed it!! I found it not too small at all. I had enough floor space, storage, same size desks and wardrobe to others as well as same sized en suites. The difference to this room is that you were in flats of 6 with all budget rooms and one micro. As it is a smaller flat, your kitchen is also smaller but still big enough to do what ever you need in it and space for your whole flat to sit down comfortably at the table.

I found that my friends in more expensive 'bigger' rooms said they were paying more for a very similar room so there wasn't much difference at all!

I hope this helped and please let me know if you have any questions!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Hi! Does anybody know how big the Micro-Ensuite is as I have looked online but cannot find anything. I realise it is going to be tiny, but wanted to know if anybody knows how tiny it is? There are no full pictures on the website only of the bed! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending