The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Which accommodation is right for you at Kingston University ?

Looking for potential university accommodations can be super stressful, especially if you’re moving to a new area! Here at Kingston University there are a number of choices for accommodation and whilst there is lots of information on our website to help you decide, a students insight might be helpful to some of you!

The accommodation you can apply to depends largely on the campus you’re studying at and for those of you at KSA you will most likely have a choice of three. Middle Mill, Clayhill and Seething Wells all offer a home to KSA students in their first year of study with each of them offering different flat styles to choose from. In this blog I’ll mainly be talking about Middle Mill and Seething Wells but there is tonnes of information online about Clayhill if that’s what you’re leaning towards!

Middle Mill - Based next to the Knights Park Campus and about a ten minute walk from Penryhn campus , Middle Mill offers a super quick and easy commute for any KSA student! If you’re someone who’s looking to live with as many creatives as possible then Middle Mill could absolutely be for you. A short walk from the Student Union and Kingston town centre, there’s definitely loads to do whilst you’re not studying. This also includes a little communal grassy area outside and walk along the Hogsmill river (which has some art background too)! Middle Mill isn’t perfect though and its important to consider that it is quite a small accommodation (there’s only around 200 rooms) and does have shared bathrooms so if you’re looking for something with a larger variety of people or want your own bathroom then definitely keep this in mind! If you drive then Middle Mill also offers free parking for residents.

Seething Wells- Seething Wells is a little bit further out than Middle Mill from Kingston but don’t worry as the KU1 (Uni bus) can get you to your campus for free! The free University buses offer you a route from your accommodation to all campuses and Kingston town centre for free. They run very often and up until 11pm. The accommodation here has a number of perks and is constantly being improved! With all rooms being en-suites and many more rooms than Middle Mill if you’re a social butterfly or want to mingle with students outside of the arts then definitely give Seethings some consideration! This accommodation has a huge variety of rooms on offer. Seething Wells is just newly refurbished with common areas to relax or play basketball on the new courts. While being in Surbiton and not Kingston, it is only a 20 min walk away with a lovely stroll along the river Thames. Surbiton is also a great place to live, having all the supermarkets you could need, fast food, shops and a train station that can get you into central London in 15 minutes! If you are a driver, there is no parking at Seething Wells. However, further along the river towards Thames Ditton are some residential roads with free parking.

I lived at Seething Wells for my first year studying at Kingston and I couldn’t recommend it more! If you have any questions on the other accommodations I can use my friends knowledge from when they lived there to help you out. For those of you that have already lived/ currently live in halls what are your thoughts and recommendations for future students ?!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending