The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Clayhill accommodation at Kingston University 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anybody know what's the situation with freshers, do we need to get the wristband? Do we need tickets for anything in particular other than the fair?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by eldudebrothers
Anybody know what's the situation with freshers, do we need to get the wristband? Do we need tickets for anything in particular other than the fair?

I think everyone can go to the fayre?
I'm not sure though

I bought the wristband because it's only £5 more than just the freshers ballticket [which i wouldn't want to miss] and you get so many more benefits. but i may not go to the freshers event i may end up somewhere completely different.
If you dont have it, it just means you could be paying £5-£8 entry to each place you go to, and you'll need to spend like £20 on the freshers ball thicket, assuming you want to go to that xD

Theres loads of events on Facebook you can also buy tickets from, but i was checking those out and some of them are in central London after our courses start, so it depends if you dont mind going all that way and paying for trains and taxis, then getting back really late before your first lectures. Some people can handle it, but i'd be really, really dead going 2 weeks in a row haha. Also your friends might not have the same tickets as you, so you'll have to find people to go with that do.

easier just getting a wristband
Original post by RachelSophia
I think everyone can go to the fayre?
I'm not sure though

I bought the wristband because it's only £5 more than just the freshers ballticket [which i wouldn't want to miss] and you get so many more benefits. but i may not go to the freshers event i may end up somewhere completely different.
If you dont have it, it just means you could be paying £5-£8 entry to each place you go to, and you'll need to spend like £20 on the freshers ball thicket, assuming you want to go to that xD

Theres loads of events on Facebook you can also buy tickets from, but i was checking those out and some of them are in central London after our courses start, so it depends if you dont mind going all that way and paying for trains and taxis, then getting back really late before your first lectures. Some people can handle it, but i'd be really, really dead going 2 weeks in a row haha. Also your friends might not have the same tickets as you, so you'll have to find people to go with that do.

easier just getting a wristband

How on earth do you know all this! haha

Think i will just get the wristband for now then :smile:
Original post by eldudebrothers
How on earth do you know all this! haha

Think i will just get the wristband for now then :smile:

I'm making it all up...

nah i was chatting to some guy whos in the student union :smile: cuz i was worried about the links not being real and what was going on... cuz we dont get our loans until 3-5 working days after the 17th... well thats what my Student finance letter says, so need to turn up with freshers money basically
Reply 44
CL14!
Original post by Ecnirp_el
CL14!

omg yay! :smile: I'm in 14A how about you?
Reply 46
CL 55 B1 , Anyone near me ? :smile:
Reply 47
I'm just bringing my duvet and pillows from home xD
I'm in Clayhill, room 14A1 and i'm going to study art and design :smile: What about you?

Hey im also studying art and design and staying in clayhill 55 B1:smile:

how are you finding the summer project ?
Original post by atwynam
Hey im also studying art and design and staying in clayhill 55 B1:smile:

how are you finding the summer project ?

Must be a different course, mine doesn't have a summer project xD it's the 2 year one not the year long one :smile:
Reply 49
omg yay! :smile: I'm in 14A how about you?

Oh it's you! We've already spoke about this on facebook :P x Narhzel
Reply 50
Anyone in CL-40C2 and/or doing Biomedical Science with Foundation Year? x
Original post by Ecnirp_el
Oh it's you! We've already spoke about this on facebook :P x Narhzel

hah. Oh you got me really excited! thought i may have finally found a neighbour D:
Reply 52
13A3 i believe.
Original post by RDGlass
13A3 i believe.

So you're next door to me :smile:
Reply 54
Wonderful, wonderful. :smile: What's the layout like in terms of us being next door?
Original post by RDGlass
Wonderful, wonderful. :smile: What's the layout like in terms of us being next door?

428967_378979705491193_938551163_n.jpg
So we're next door, and both on the ground floor (which is what the 'A' stands for)
Do you Have Facebook? :smile:
hey guys, is anyone going to that school uniform freshers disco at sway? theres going to be a return coach trip to that event from kingston. who wants to go?
Original post by LondonUniNights
hey guys, is anyone going to that school uniform freshers disco at sway? theres going to be a return coach trip to that event from kingston. who wants to go?

ah really? can't escape these promos...

Let me guess it's 'the hottest freshers event!' 'tickets sell out fast!' 'get in there quick!' so why the need for constant posting? Clearly not many people want to go... i wonder why :l
Reply 58
I'm in CL-39A1 anyone in the same black as me?
Reply 59
Hey, Where can I get a wristband from?? Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending