The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Clayhill accommodation at Kingston University 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RachelSophia
awh no! that will be so hard. But as they say distance makes the heart grow fonder :biggrin:
haha nooo, i think you'll be fine :smile:
Ok :smile: if i meet any Marissa's i'm going to have to ask if they're from TSR lol. But yes i look forward to possibly meeting you!

haha no problem, i didn't even know how to use a forum until i came on here. they always confused me...
haha yeah that would be horrible just sitting alone in the flat! too quiet xD
ive actually spoken to so many girls with boyfriends now! i think i've only met 2 single ladies haha. It's nice, we can all moan about missing them together lol. I'm moving in on the 15th!

They are a bit confusing ey! Hehe oh really? Thats ok then, moaning isnt fun on your own haha
15th seems to be the day to move in haha I'll probably see u move in if we r next door!! How weird is it that it's only like a week or so away :/ !!!
What are u studying? X
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Louisecasandra
They are a bit confusing ey! Hehe oh really? Thats ok then, moaning isnt fun on your own haha
15th seems to be the day to move in haha I'll probably see u move in if we r next door!! How weird is it that it's only like a week or so away :/ !!!
What are u studying? X

haha exactly!
yeah you probably will! i'm going to aim to get there early though so we get a parking space because most faculty's seem to move in on the 15th and i need to get food!
I know! the past 2 days have flown by... i'm getting really scared now haha. are you nervous or more excited?
I'm studying art and design, you? :smile:
Reply 82
yeahh :biggrin: do we have to pay for food at the bbq? and drinks?

You get a coupon or something in your room I think we get free food with it and one free soft drink
Reply 83
Original post by AkzJ
39c3 :smile:

Yay and you're from leicester aswell :smile:
haha exactly!
yeah you probably will! i'm going to aim to get there early though so we get a parking space because most faculty's seem to move in on the 15th and i need to get food!
I know! the past 2 days have flown by... i'm getting really scared now haha. are you nervous or more excited?
I'm studying art and design, you? :smile:

Seems like a good idea!! We will have to find the closest and cheapest food place, I've been working out my finance stuff today and realised I have £72 per week... Somehow I don't think that is going to be enough... :/ ahhhh haha I was thinking about going on a mission, when everyone is settled in, to find the closest market because it works out cheaper for food I think. If u want to join?
I am so scared hehe, excited too, but mostly scared and nervous lol im sure it will be fine though. Are u nervous?
im doing creative writing and psychology, that I am more excited about hehe
:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by shivani_c
Yay and you're from leicester aswell :smile:

yeah lolll, im guessing you are 2 ? theres also another guy from leicester in our block aswell so were taking over lool. what course you doing ?
Another question, are you meant to get something to confirm you have paid your deposit? I'm a little concerned that i'm going to go in and somebody else will be in my room! Starting to worry things are going to go wrong now, just a bit of nerves i think.
Reply 87
Original post by eldudebrothers
Another question, are you meant to get something to confirm you have paid your deposit? I'm a little concerned that i'm going to go in and somebody else will be in my room! Starting to worry things are going to go wrong now, just a bit of nerves i think.

I haven't heard anything back but I did call and they let me know they had received my deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shivani_c
You get a coupon or something in your room I think we get free food with it and one free soft drink

Ooo ok thanks :biggrin: Free food is always good

Original post by Louisecasandra
Seems like a good idea!! We will have to find the closest and cheapest food place, I've been working out my finance stuff today and realised I have £72 per week... Somehow I don't think that is going to be enough... :/ ahhhh haha I was thinking about going on a mission, when everyone is settled in, to find the closest market because it works out cheaper for food I think. If u want to join?
I am so scared hehe, excited too, but mostly scared and nervous lol im sure it will be fine though. Are u nervous?
im doing creative writing and psychology, that I am more excited about hehe
:smile:

Hahah yeah definitely :biggrin:
Ooo i think £72 is really good! if you're only buying food for yourself you can easily do that with £45 i've heard. If you're careful! and not wasteful.
if i'm going by the student budget finder app i got [lol] then i have about £130 a week, combined with my savings and the scholarship i got! but i dont actually start getting the scholarship until november :s-smilie:
That's if the app works lol
yeah i'd love to join! :smile: a couple of the girls on my course were talking about exploring too so we could just get everyone together :smile:
I'm sooooooo scared!! I just wake up and panic until the day is over haha. I feel like i'm not ready yet! But yeah like you i'm excited about starting my course. Psychology is cool! you can teach me haha i've always wished i took it as a subject.

I saw someone ask ages ago and they said apparently due to the number of people applying they don't give out confirmations. But if something is wrong they will contact you :smile: so i wouldn't worry!
I saw someone ask ages ago and they said apparently due to the number of people applying they don't give out confirmations. But if something is wrong they will contact you :smile: so i wouldn't worry!

Blimey you have all the answers haha, thanks for the reassurance :smile:
Ooo ok thanks :biggrin: Free food is always good

Hahah yeah definitely :biggrin:
Ooo i think £72 is really good! if you're only buying food for yourself you can easily do that with £45 i've heard. If you're careful! and not wasteful.
if i'm going by the student budget finder app i got [lol] then i have about £130 a week, combined with my savings and the scholarship i got! but i dont actually start getting the scholarship until november :s-smilie:
That's if the app works lol
yeah i'd love to join! :smile: a couple of the girls on my course were talking about exploring too so we could just get everyone together :smile:
I'm sooooooo scared!! I just wake up and panic until the day is over haha. I feel like i'm not ready yet! But yeah like you i'm excited about starting my course. Psychology is cool! you can teach me haha i've always wished i took it as a subject!

Its ok if u super budget hehe the lack of money to go out might be an issue though hahai didn't realise there is an app that does that sounds like a good idea though. Exploring will be awesome! Just don't let me spend money shopping hehe
im the same, panicking about forgetting something like my toothbrush haha
will defiantly teach u some hehe once I know stuff obviously :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by AkzJ
yeah lolll, im guessing you are 2 ? theres also another guy from leicester in our block aswell so were taking over lool. what course you doing ?

Lol I'm studying biomedical science. What are you studying? Are you on the clayhill halls group on Facebook?
Reply 92

They don't usually confirm anything unless there is something wrong. But ring the accommodation people up and ask them and they will tell you but make sure you have your ID number.
Wow just by a quick skim through this thread, im noticing people complaining of a budget of 70+ quid? You are going to be students man! Head over to the massive Roehampton (24 hrs) ASDA, on the 85 bus from town, and you'll be able to get your weeks food for easily 20 quid or less! Leaving plenty of money for freshers / drinking :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by SkySantosh
Wow just by a quick skim through this thread, im noticing people complaining of a budget of 70+ quid? You are going to be students man! Head over to the massive Roehampton (24 hrs) ASDA, on the 85 bus from town, and you'll be able to get your weeks food for easily 20 quid or less! Leaving plenty of money for freshers / drinking :smile:

Already added up my weekly budget which is about fifty something but that just for food and travel a week I think I'll have roughly a tenner to myself which isn't a problem :smile: 1days until I'm there now this time Saturday I'll probably be partying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fabcourtz
Already added up my weekly budget which is about fifty something but that just for food and travel a week I think I'll have roughly a tenner to myself which isn't a problem :smile: 1days until I'm there now this time Saturday I'll probably be partying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless they've changed it, entry to oceana on a student night is 3 quid with your student card :P
Reply 96
****! One more day at home. D:
TOMORROW...
I'm all packed now
:banana2:
Reply 98
I should probably start packing...
Original post by Kingo
I should probably start packing...

When do you move in? and which block? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest