The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If some of us had remembered that nitrogen was a diatomic molecule, the question would have been a piece of cake :mad2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by NutterFrutter
The 5 mark question was easy. :colone:

:beard:

But your the don of chemistry haha
Reply 22
Original post by This Honest
If some of us had remembered that nitrogen was a diatomic molecule, the question would have been a piece of cake :mad2:

Those examiners know exactly where to trip up the candidates, can't blame them though for making us think twice about the fact that Nitrogen is diatomic!
Reply 23
I'm on a gap year and did this exam in June, James A knows me :wink: so I'll try and help to. Unit 5 was actually my favourite unit :lol:

This is awesome :smile: Look what I wrote in post 7 LOL, I was kind of hoping this would happen again:biggrin: Gap year here as well
Original post by Warlord
Plus, where is everyone?! Is it just us two leading this thread? I feel honoured :cool:

I was browsing june and jan last year, you, effkay, nutterfrutter, thishonest were the mainstays, lets hope for something as epic this year, without having to incorporate june 2013 , ofc :colone:

:rofl: Didn't know my name was mention :colondollar:
The chemistry exam threads (jan and jun) were great preparation and it helped acknowledge my weaknesses in the spec :yep:

Reply 25
:rofl: Didn't know my name was mention :colondollar:
The chemistry exam threads (jan and jun) were great preparation and it helped acknowledge my weaknesses in the spec :yep:

Ye, I am doing 4 and 5 again, need 73% over both mods for the A. I finished all unit 4 organic today, enjoyed it, Just hate the maths so much. Unit 5 was again also more enjoyable this time, I have learnt it all essentialy, but I just hate chem overall really, so boring and tough to concentrate on.

What marks did you get in it? And are you on a deffered entry, or didnt meet your offer?
Reply 26
Hey guys. I was predicted an A* in chem and ended up getting a B because i got a D in this exam! Anyway, this summarizes most of the course apart from complex colours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbzqKn34kKk&list=UU9F-vfa-lqPgYUzE2mQoAWg&index=2&feature=plcp
and these sort colours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYORlUBDS8&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xL3rqmNBA&list=FL9F-vfa-lqPgYUzE2mQoAWg&feature=mh_lolz
Reply 27
Original post by Beth_L_G
Hey guys. I was predicted an A* in chem and ended up getting a B because i got a D in this exam! Anyway, this summarizes most of the course apart from complex colours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbzqKn34kKk&list=UU9F-vfa-lqPgYUzE2mQoAWg&index=2&feature=plcp
and these sort colours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYORlUBDS8&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xL3rqmNBA&list=FL9F-vfa-lqPgYUzE2mQoAWg&feature=mh_lolz

Are you on AQA or Edexcel?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Warlord
Ye, I am doing 4 and 5 again, need 73% over both mods for the A. I finished all unit 4 organic today, enjoyed it, Just hate the maths so much. Unit 5 was again also more enjoyable this time, I have learnt it all essentialy, but I just hate chem overall really, so boring and tough to concentrate on.

What marks did you get in it? And are you on a deffered entry, or didnt meet your offer?

Forgot to reply to this :redface:

Chem isn't boring! Biology is! :lol:

I got 96, lower than expected but oh well, I'm reapplying during my gap year so I'm volunteering, got a job and teaching kids!
Reply 29
Original post by James A

aqa, just realized its redirected me to this thread even though i clicked the aqa one. Sorry :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by James A

How has it been going James :biggrin: I have done the whole entropy and unit 4 organic files you sent me, I feel drowsy :s-smilie: I will maybe start redox tomorrow, and then alternate between that and then maybe rates, and then back to transition.
Reply 31
Forgot to reply to this :redface:

Chem isn't boring! Biology is! :lol:

I got 96, lower than expected but oh well, I'm reapplying during my gap year so I'm volunteering, got a job and teaching kids!

I would be very, very happy with 96 :redface: Thats comfortably over what I need, so well done anyway lol. You got an A in chem overall?
Original post by Warlord
I would be very, very happy with 96 :redface: Thats comfortably over what I need, so well done anyway lol. You got an A in chem overall?

Ha thanks :smile:
Yeah I got an A overall. I needed 52 for an A overall and 108 for the A* :daydreaming:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Ha thanks :smile:
Yeah I got an A overall. I needed 52 for an A overall and 108 for the A* :daydreaming:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tough :smile:. Heard from any of the unis yet for pharmacy?
Reply 34
Hey also resiting unit 5 in june! failed massively you are talking about 70% im talking about 40% hahahaha. need 76 ums to even get a B! give me help!!
emily
Reply 35
From June 2011 paper Q17 (iv)

The diluted sample was made by adding 10cm3 of the drink to 90cm3 distilled water, a total of 100cm3 and then using 5cm3 of this, is this correct?

Concentration of ethanol in 5.00 cm3 of the diluted sample = 0.197 moldm-3

So why is the concentration of the undiluted sample NOT 0.197moldm-3 x 20 ?

If 5cm3 is taken from 100cm3 ?

Mark Scheme

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by betsickles
Hey also resiting unit 5 in june! failed massively you are talking about 70% im talking about 40% hahahaha. need 76 ums to even get a B! give me help!!
emily

That's what I mean by failure too XD Lots of people here are like "I failed.. I got a B :frown:" and I completely admire people for having high ambitions and for being marvellously intelligent, fair play to them. But then there's people like me that worked their bums off and got under 40% in Unit 2 :biggrin: But my attitude has changed, I've taken the challenge in my stride and I'm ready to resit it in January. My Unit 4 mocks have been alright too, so the road only goes upwards from here guys! Good luck for your Unit 5's, I'll be doing this for the first time in June. And I guess the last time, because of the removal of January resits.
Reply 37
Original post by Yorrap
From June 2011 paper Q17 (iv)

The diluted sample was made by adding 10cm3 of the drink to 90cm3 distilled water, a total of 100cm3 and then using 5cm3 of this, is this correct?

Concentration of ethanol in 5.00 cm3 of the diluted sample = 0.197 moldm-3

So why is the concentration of the undiluted sample NOT 0.197moldm-3 x 20 ?

If 5cm3 is taken from 100cm3 ?

Mark Scheme

Spoiler

I do not think it matters how much conc of ethanol is in 5cm. The actual solution in which ethanol is mixed is 10cm3, so it is 10% of the overall solution volume, the other 90 being water.
In the passage there is 5cm3 od "drink" shown, but the conc of remains the same. All that happens is that the question doubles the volume of drink used, the conc of ethanol in the solution remains the same. I think :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by Mollymod
That's what I mean by failure too XD Lots of people here are like "I failed.. I got a B :frown:" and I completely admire people for having high ambitions and for being marvellously intelligent, fair play to them. But then there's people like me that worked their bums off and got under 40% in Unit 2 :biggrin: But my attitude has changed, I've taken the challenge in my stride and I'm ready to resit it in January. My Unit 4 mocks have been alright too, so the road only goes upwards from here guys! Good luck for your Unit 5's, I'll be doing this for the first time in June. And I guess the last time, because of the removal of January resits.

WHATT! Do you mean its the last January session for EDEXCEL?
Reply 39
Original post by d_94
WHATT! Do you mean its the last January session for EDEXCEL?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending