The Student Room Group

Android OS Discussion v2.0

Scroll to see replies

What's the best free music player app available that plays ogg vorbis?

I want something separate to play the files on my phone as the one already on there has my music from google music too.
Considering its a Nexus device, I wouldn't call my N10 exactly stable. Seems to hang at least once a day :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseafan
Whatsapp requires a phone number. You can use a ps3 controller but you must root your device first.

EDIT: http://androidforums.com/nexus-7/621298-guide-whatsapp-messenger-nexus-7-without-root-updated-12-02-12-a.html

Many thanks for the link. Guess I should have googled it but I was on my tiny phone and it's a pain in the arse. I'll sort that now.

Anyone think it's worth connecting up a PS3 controller to the Nexus 7? I might get one if it is.

Edit: typo
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by wizard710

I've installed it and it seems to be doing the job, for now at least. :smile:

Also my Nexus 4 started making a buzzing/whining sound when I plugged it into my laptop earlier. It was loud enough for me to hear from about 30cm away but it subsided within 20 seconds. Now there is just a very faint noise that you can only just hear if you put it right up to your ear, although this could be because it's plugged in but not charging. I'm hoping it goes away when it's disconnected but if it doesn't and just stays at the same level I won't be that bothered, if it gets worse it may have to be returned.
See, it's things like that which have made me question the quality of LG. Granted, the main complaints are from software, but I swore I'd never go LG again because of that.

I am however loving Nexus 7 and also CM10.1 on Desire S.
Original post by mikeyd85
See, it's things like that which have made me question the quality of LG. Granted, the main complaints are from software, but I swore I'd never go LG again because of that.

I am however loving Nexus 7 and also CM10.1 on Desire S.

Now my battery is fixed I'll probably root and ROM mine soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never had an LG made phone before, so I didn't know what to expect. The phone does feel quite solid though, the only thing I'm concerned about is that the only button to turn the screen on to unlock it is the power button. If that goes the whole phone is pretty much useless.
Original post by wizard710
Now my battery is fixed I'll probably root and ROM mine soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! :-)
Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah! :-)

I'm looking at AOKP at the moment and probably going to go with http://aokp.co/supported-devices/?id=8&device=i9100 Milestone 1 :smile:
Downloaded GTA3 today, didn't think it would play very well but it's amazing :eek3:

In my excitement I also got Max Payne 3 and NFS:MW but now I need an SD Card :emo: I've looked up how to insert one but there's all this nonsense about formatting the new card before reloading stuff.

So, in simple terms, once I buy my new SD card how do I move existing apps and everything from my phone onto it? Sorry for being such a simpleton.
Original post by Colbert
Downloaded GTA3 today, didn't think it would play very well but it's amazing :eek3:

In my excitement I also got Max Payne 3 and NFS:MW but now I need an SD Card :emo: I've looked up how to insert one but there's all this nonsense about formatting the new card before reloading stuff.

So, in simple terms, once I buy my new SD card how do I move existing apps and everything from my phone onto it? Sorry for being such a simpleton.

Its actually pretty simple. What version of android are you running?
Its actually pretty simple. What version of android are you running?

Not sure I have run any updates since getting it last year, Amateur :awesome:
Original post by Colbert

Not sure I have run any updates since getting it last year, Amateur :awesome:

To move apps, go to settings and then applications. Click on the app and then click on store in SD. You'll have to do this for each app manually.

big games like GTA automatically save their data on the SD card.

BTW what phone do you have?
To move apps, go to settings and then applications. Click on the app and then click on store in SD. You'll have to do this for each app manually.

big games like GTA automatically save their data on the SD card.

BTW what phone do you have?

Galaxy S2.

Can't believe I don't even know if I have an SD card, ****ing hell :facepalm2:

Edit: I do not have an SD card :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Colbert
Galaxy S2.

Can't believe I don't even know if I have an SD card, ****ing hell :facepalm2:

Edit: I do not have an SD card :holmes:

How can you not have an SD card???!!
How can you not have an SD card???!!

S2 has like 10GB internal :holmes:
Just got a Nexus 7 ... really do love Android, makes a nice change from iOS

Don't really understand why you can't close the applications in the background though :s-smilie: apart from that, it's great!!
Original post by Colbert
S2 has like 10GB internal :holmes:

Oh nice.
Original post by ± Dan ±
Just got a Nexus 7 ... really do love Android, makes a nice change from iOS

Don't really understand why you can't close the applications in the background though :s-smilie: apart from that, it's great!!

Yeah you can. Press the right button and then long press the apps you want to close.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending