The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

chelsea_boy
No you should go to UCL, less ethnics.

You should change your name to xenophobe by the way.

Completely agree im afraid..:rolleyes:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 101
Sjb123
sure was.
Cool, I thought he taught some. 8 sounds so few now, tho.:frown:

There's some hot guys starting on our course- can't wait to meet 'em. :biggrin:
chelsea_boy

i am sure she only means that she doesnt like cliques instead actually being racist. i mean just because LSE is a mix of different ethnicities doesnt mean its going to be good or like a melting pot. i mean i am chinese american but i dont usually hang out with newly immigrated chinese at my school because they seem to be very withdrawn and a bit anti-social....but i am sure the lse if fine!:smile:
Reply 103
alexeynechaev
What do you look like?

Girl with green top+white skirt... i sat at the front...behind me were some boys who looked quite posh+was chatting quite loudly about how good LSE is blah blah :biggrin:

to be honest i was quite surprised (not in a bad way) about the number of internationals there though...all the student helpers were foreign...Shows how rich they (both the students n LSE) must be...

(in my friend's words the place is laced with Yen, yuan n dollers...)
Reply 104
Traum
Girl with green top+white skirt... i sat at the front...behind me were some boys who looked quite posh+was chatting quite loudly about how good LSE is blah blah :biggrin:

to be honest i was quite surprised (not in a bad way) about the number of internationals there though...all the student helpers were foreign...Shows how rich they (both the students n LSE) must be...

What were the 'quite posh' boys wearing?
Reply 105
dunno... didn't stare... just preppy style

why were you one of them?
chelsea_boy
you've nothing against 'them'?? Is this 'ethnics' you're referring to again?

Sorry but from what you say and the terms that you use, you sound like an absolute close minded idiot making pretty sweeping generalisations. Do you come from some completely uncultured bumpkin village or something?

Yes more than half the students were 'ethnic', what did you expect?
LSE - the most cosmopolitan university in the world. London - the most cosmopolitan city in the world. Surely that's one of the best things about LSE? Getting to meet people from all over the world. Open your mind for ***s sake.

I'm half Venezuelan half Spanish by the way, an 'ethnic' as you so eloquently put it.

You've missed the point about the ethno-national cliques then.
chelsea_boy

Given that UCL is something like 35% or so ethnic, afaik, that wouldn't be too good either.
Reply 108
Traum

"Posh boys", lmao:rolleyes:
Reply 109
Traum
dunno... didn't stare... just preppy style

why were you one of them?

No lol- but i think i know the ones you mean because i was sitting next to them.
Reply 110
jakezg
No lol- but i think i know the ones you mean because i was sitting next to them.

Which ones are you talking about?
Reply 111
alexeynechaev
Which ones are you talking about?

I was sitting in the second row back with a friend and there were some boys next to us talking about how good LSE was and they were definately posh- so i think they are the same boys as Traum was describing.
Reply 112
Wish I could've gone to the Visit Day. :frown:

Damn the price of air tickets. :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 113
e11even
Wish I could've gone to the Visit Day. :frown:

Damn the price of air tickets. :rolleyes: :p:

I am sure there'll be plenty of time to catch up on the information we got in the open day:rolleyes: Have you applied for en-suite in Bankside, by the way?
Reply 114
alexeynechaev
I am sure there'll be plenty of time to catch up on the information we got in the open day:rolleyes: Have you applied for en-suite in Bankside, by the way?

I don't think i actually learnt a single thing that i didnt already know.
Reply 115
JBacon
I don't think i actually learnt a single thing that i didnt already know.

I did learn the fact that there is only one person out of the whole school who knows something about the school:p: and can answer the questions to some extent:rolleyes:

As for the subject talks, lol, didn't actually hear anything new either, but well...
Reply 116
Xanthe
There's some hot guys starting on our course- can't wait to meet 'em. :biggrin:

what the two you were sandwiched between?:biggrin: I didnt think brown jacket guy was that hot. Did you see the guy next to the girl I thought was you? He was better looking. (shouldnt be saying this...)
As for me, I think Im gonna hook up with these other posh boys.(no no no)
Reply 117
Sjb123
what the two you were sandwiched between?:biggrin: I didnt think brown jacket guy was that hot. Did you see the guy next to the girl I thought was you? He was better looking. (shouldnt be saying this...)

Why dont you wait till you get there, or do you need to sort out the action plan, hehe? Which course are you going for anyway?
Reply 118
Sjb123

lol i dont think ud want to from what i saw/heard :wink: .
Can you remember anything in particular they said?

Latest

Trending

Trending